Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Benchrest

Benchrest Anything bench related...

Old 8th January 2015, 07:07 PM
Default A lot of Advise needed

I and few others at my club have been talking about starting up 25m Benchrest. A lot of things to work out the most important of which is getting range time. But if I can get it all passed with the club committee and say we have 5-6 members to start with how should we take things from there? We would like to run this according Federation rules at all times. Are there any pitfalls I should know about? I maybe wrong but I can see most of the guys willing to take part are very much like me. Not fully able to take part in the other shooting disciplines due to age or health problems. Me I am not as old as some but I am pretty much less able than most. I would also like to see the club running a 50m 3 Shot grouping shoot along side any 25m match.So more advise you can give the better I will like it.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 8th January 2015, 09:40 PM
Member of: Leics & District (Dowry Hill)
Default 25m benchrest

My advice John is to have a look at UKBR22 website and most of the info you require is there. There is also the UKBR22 forum that you will find useful for technical info. on guns/scopes/rests
The UKBR22 postals are all individual events shot over the summer and winter seasons. (5 rounds during each season for each discipline entered)
Old 9th February 2015, 07:37 PM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksmen

My club does a postal 20m indoor benchrest to NSRA rules. Smaller targets I believe no time limits etc and only a flat front rest can be used - cheap and simple both rim fire and air compete together with iron sights or scopes in different classes. All marked with a .22 gauge.
It works very well - however as you say lane time will be the issue - it does stress some of the LSR guys as it uses up both of our lanes for one shooter, but 10 mins to set up 10 shots per target - all done in 20 mins really so no big issue. Compared to 10m guys setting up and shooting a couple of sessions of 60 shots - you can sit there getting old waiting for a turn!
Good luck setting up!

Kind Regards

FTP900 +Sightron S111 10-50 x 55
AA Pro Target in FWB FP70 stock + MTC Mamba lite
Daystate Airwolf + Bushnell Elite 6500

" life is about the memories we hold and not the things that we own"

Old 10th February 2015, 03:20 PM
Member of: Leics & District (Dowry Hill)
Default benchrest

I have sent you an e-mail John with further info that you may find useful