Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 22nd December 2014, 11:56 AM
Member of: Iceni Marksmen
Default FTP900 Weight modifications?

I can't go shooting for about a month and have some time on my hands. My thoughts are turning to my FTP900 and ways I might slim it down a bit without ruining it's cracking good looks or any of it's functionality or adjustability.

I've been considering the muzzle break and the Hamster as targets for some attention, they weigh half a pound and a pound respectively. The carbon shroud mod was already on the gun having been done by the original owner. That was floated through the barrel/cylinder frame by reaming some clearance through the fitting effectively floating the barrel.

I noted on the AA website, Pete Sparkes has a delrin hamster. Does anyone know where I can get something similar? I noted he still has the double post ball adjuster fitted to it.

Is there a suitable muzzle break/air stripper available and if there is, does anyone have recommendations, especially for a gorgeous looking one

Any and all suggestions for further weight loss gratefully received

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 22nd December 2014, 01:44 PM
Member of: Millride FTC

UK Neil does a nice stripper for the FTP mate.

Old 22nd December 2014, 02:09 PM
Member of: East Devon FTC

Barry, playing devils advocate here a bit. But why put something on that replaces the item " muzzle break" that was I suggest been tested and made for the rifle. This may be complete nonsense but just a thought. I have had mine a year and to get out the bag still makes me smile. Although I did have a reg go down in the first months.
All these rifles can be improved I suppose but I think the FTP900 has got the look and if only I could shoot as well as it looks and behaves I would be a happy bunny.
Having said that I know a guy who has stripped his down to a stock and barrel and thinks the g
In does not shoot very well!!!!!!!!!
Bought the new HFT500 last month now that's a very good rifle, mods on that could be an idea. But shot count superb and accuracy as good as the FTP500, now that is food for thought.

Old 22nd December 2014, 02:15 PM
Member of: Emley f t c
Default Ftp

Put a back vented shroud on,take off bubble and arm + stripper ,gets rip of any p o I shift and it a lot lighter.
zenith p800 March 60
Zenith f t p
2016 GP A grade winner