Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 14th December 2014, 04:54 PM
Member of: ETL / TEGC

Originally Posted by holly View Post
Three in our region . richard wood's , Wayne twelthtrees , ted skingle . they look wonderful BUT they have a habit of changing zero halfway through the charge . that was the reason wayne stopped using his . i still think the steel; AR4s were the best ripley's ??? HOLLY
The steel ones were good but only if you were north of Watford allegedly. Chris Lowe had probably the best Ripley in a Turkish walnut stock with all the bling, before it was called bling.
God knows where his rifle ended up but it was a beautiful rifle to behold.
Second best in the region was Bazza's until he snapped off a pull-through in the bore at the 1993? Worlds and Steve hammered it out with a rod knackering the crown in the process.
Old 15th December 2014, 09:02 AM
Default Ripley

The Ripley of Chris Lowe was an AR5. I am sure of this because he's in my safe, here in Belgium. He has an polygoon barrel and exhibition graded stock. Wfg Jos
Old 15th December 2014, 08:53 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Stock

HI up jos , merry christmas . the stock on chris's ripper was a one off by john welham . chris decided he wanted the best wood money could buy for it and asked john to keep an eye out for some exhibition grade walnut . anyway john rang up chris and told him he was at a sale and there was a piece there that would do the job . 700 for the blank . now remember your average custom stock was about 50 ready to put on the gun . this was without john's money for the work . and this was 15 or more years ago , be worth thousands now , if you could find a blank like it . chris used to flaunt it around in front of you . i use to pee him off by saying that it looked like a piece of my wardrobe ( the veneer type ) happy day's and what a beautiful stock ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "
Old 16th December 2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by holly View Post
Speaking frankly mate . rippers went through a bad patch and i went over to The GC2 and of course never looked back . although gary might say differently ??? HOLLY
Thats not what you were saying on Sunday when your GC2 trigger was playing up again

As an owner of 2 Rippers AR5 and AR5s I prefer them. What I just need is some calm dry Sundays over Winter to get some practice and checking in. There always seems to be calm Saturdays then the wind comes out for Sundays.

Also need to remember to change my batteries on my chrono. Its seems to be stuck on 1234fps every shot. I know its not that

ar4, blue ripley, blue ripley ar4, ripley special edition