Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 30th November 2014, 05:21 PM
Member of: Lincs HFT Club

Great course and great company today. Thanks to Chris Cundy and Ian Garforth for keeping me on my toes!
Some challenging ranging targets today well done and all the best for your new HFT Club at Furnace Mill.

Mark Carter
Old 30th November 2014, 05:29 PM
Member of: The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT

Thanks to all at Furnace Mill today for putting on a cracking shoot. Glad I decided to make the trip. Lovely facility you have there. Thanks (and well done) to my shooting partners Elliot & Mark. See you next weekend.
Rick Ardern. RIP mate, never ever forgotten!

Currently in stock........

Steyr LG100 x2, Ripley AR5S x3, hw77 x2, hw80 x2, hw100, hw97, hw98, Walther Dommie, Walther LGV, Stoeger x20s .22, Daystate mk4 in a custom laminate stock, Diana mod 50 + Gamo compact & Röhm twinmaster pistols

Old 30th November 2014, 05:44 PM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Thanks to furnace mill, nice course, lovely location and a smashing way to spend a sunday morning, nice to shoot with mick again and a pleasure to see a 1st time comp man karl potts do so well with a boinger.
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17
Old 30th November 2014, 06:24 PM
Member of: kibworth

Great course today furness mill. Me and rhyley enjoyed it loads rhyley loved getting the better off Harry on a few pegs.
Old 30th November 2014, 06:49 PM
Member of: Lincs HFT

It was going so well, untill peg ....
Thanks to all at FM, great place to shoot.
That downhill half kept you on your toes!
Old 30th November 2014, 06:54 PM
Member of: Misfits, Kibworth misfits

Great day and I found it a hard course with all the up and down shooting, need to shoot there more Often to learn more! Great company shooting round with Ry and Mark, great shooters!
Old 30th November 2014, 06:55 PM
Member of: Furnace Mill

Thank you to all who took part today and all who helped make today a great one.
I meant what I said this afternoon during the prize giving it was a pleasure to have you all here today and we hope to enjoy your company many more times in the future.

I would like to give a massive thank you to the sponsors XTX AIR and Solware.

I think that Mick deserve a big round of applause for providing the chocolates positioned along the course, thanks Mick.

We will very much look forward to welcoming anyone along to the Boxing day shoot on the 28th. Jane has just asked me to ask you one thing, please can everyone that would like to shoot on the day put their name on the list when we start one. Also you are very welcome to put your breakfast order in at the same time as putting your name on the list.

All the best.

Old 30th November 2014, 07:12 PM
Lucky git

Congrats to Furnace Mill on todays shoot, well done on a very good, opening shoot. Many thanks to Mark and Ian for the company. Looks like Ian might be a ringer with a 48 on his first HFT shoot and only his 3rd week of shooting
Old 30th November 2014, 07:20 PM
Member of: Independant

Enjoyed being a part of the HFT scene today even if I wasn't able to shoot but it seemed that shoot-off course was needed in the end so my time wasn't wasted.

Special mention to those in the shoot-off who elected to shoot standing due to the first man not being able to kneel; a special moment for the event.

Thanks to Chilly for helping with the safety speech and above all those who gave up their weekends to put the course on. It was a mammoth task but worth it it seems.

Thanks to Tye and Darrin for their help with the prizes, guys like you really make a difference.

Thanks for those who travelled and supported us on our first official club event.

Old 30th November 2014, 07:49 PM
Member of: Dunfermline / New Caledonian

Massive thank you to the Furness Mill crew on a fantastic and enjoyable shoot today it was worth doing a 650 mile round trip for enjoyed that one
Also well done to my shooting partners Stuart who got a cracking 59 with a BSA ultra and Dave who got some awesome shots with his springer , two top blokes, well done guys and thanks for your company
Thanks also to Jean for the hat chuffed to bits will wear it with pride
Due to a traffic incident on the M6 near Birmingham I think I won't get home till 11.30 tonight

Bloody love HFT
Gordon Burns
Dunfermline Air Gun Club/New Caledonian
Steyr LG.100 Vortex viper
Steyr LG.100 Leupold mk4 TMR
Air Arms TX200 Bushnell Elite
HW 45 Pistol
HW 40 Pistol

Last edited by rover; 30th November 2014 at 07:51 PM.