Shooting the breeze Dowry Hill FTC  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > Calender Events

Calender Events What's happening when and where...

European FT Championship 2015 ( EFTF) in Euskadi ( SPAIN)
Calendar: Default Calendar
25th November 2014
Hello old friends:
Just a Little late, but at the end, we can announce the next European Championship 2015 in Spain.
The EFTF webpage is not yet available, but we can't await to give you this information in order to prepare all necessary if you wants to attend this event.
Next year 2015 , we'll held only the EC2015 , so this year the Euskadi Open will not be organized.
The inscription process , as you probably know, is quite different than in the Open. I'll facilitate the criteria and dates early.
Additional information about accommodation and competition program will be facilitate early as well.
At the moment we would like to show you the information as follows:

Regards everybody
Old 1st December 2014, 09:56 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

If a Brit Goes to Spain, wins the Euro, then goes to Weston Park, wins the Euro, does that make him the Europen European Champion?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85
Old 1st December 2014, 10:05 PM
The Chaser!
Member of: Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
If a Brit Goes to Spain, wins the Euro, then goes to Weston Park, wins the Euro, does that make him the Europen European Champion?
Him or Her! tut, tut Simon!

EV2 - March X 8x80
EV2 'Rev' off Awesime, (the one he didn't spray black.) - Big Nikko
Old 2nd December 2014, 06:10 AM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Every September the BFTA European Cup is held, that's what is written on the trophy. I know because my name is on there

The European Championship is just another competition that has started up last year. Both are European titles

However the rules state a 3 day, 150 target format. This has changed to a 2 day, 100 target format in Spain so last year's championship winner will hold a somewhat different status and credentials to the 2015 winner as although its a different competition.

Anyway Spain are great hosts and great guys and girls, the courses are tough and well laid out. Marshalling is better than anywhere.
The food, drink and friendships are fantastic so it should be a comp if you haven't been to you should attend.
He who never made a mistake never learned!
He who never missed never shot!
Old 2nd December 2014, 06:22 AM
Member of: Kent Woodsmen FTC

Originally Posted by saddler View Post
I think it's a little disengenuous to suggest that the BFTA can't hold onto a competition that has been called the Euros for a couple of decades longer than many European RGBs have existed, and one that has, by common consensus, produced a winner that was considered the best in Europe. Add to that the fact that the competition was, and still is, open to anyone from across Europe, then I think it has every right to call it that.
There are no 'FT politics' from the BFTA. The creation and development of the European FT Championship is an exciting and welcome development that seems to be gaining momentum and, particularly when the worlds are held out of Europe, could quickly become a significant competition in European FT. As far as I know, it is nothing but welcomed by the BFTA.
Personally, I hope lots of GB shooters are able to attend in Euskadi, but if we are limited to a team of 8, using your reasoning, can the winner truly call themselves European Champion if Andy Calpin, Ian Taylor and the like are prevented from attending?
Personally, I think that if the European FT Championship in Euskadi is open to anyone that wishes to attend, and is more difficult than a '2 day GP', then the winner has every right to consider themselves a champion of Europe.

i nahi duzun arrakasta nire lagun Jesus guztietan
I understand the point your trying to make but the 'BFTA Euro's' also has a cap in terms of overall head-count and your point, if true, would also degrade the kudos of the winner of the World's, as that too carries the same X/country quota system.
I'm not being disingenous about the comp either. Just saying that moving forward, as a competitor, it would be nice if you win to feel that you are the outright champion and that with more than one format carrying the same title this won't be able to happen. I'd rather not see us in (as someone adroitly put it earlier in the thread) a PDC v BDO darts-style situation, or even a boxing style title-tangle
Old 14th December 2014, 06:08 PM

Lot of information about the event is now available on :

Old 16th January 2015, 08:04 PM
Member of: AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
Default EC 2015 Registration

Hi mates!
Once we survived the Christmas holidays , it is time to deal with the FT.
I remind you that is already open the inscription period and it would be appreciated that those intending to attend this European (EFTF version) go by completing the registration forms which you will find here: = registration-3
If you need any additional information that is displayed on this website, you can direct your questions to:
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Tesla; 16th January 2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 16th January 2015, 08:07 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I will chase up who wants to come Jesus
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 16th January 2015, 08:48 PM
Member of: Redfearns... Thanks Guy's
Default Spanish Open 18 & 19 July

Hi Rob

I would like to be put on the list of possibles please, not quite sure what is required but have been communicating with Shaun. He seems to think there is a good chance that it could happen so have pre booked the hotel already.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Old 19th January 2015, 06:54 AM
Member of: AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
I will chase up who wants to come Jesus
Thanks a lot Rob.