Shooting the breeze Dowry Hill FTC  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > UKAHFT Official Forum

UKAHFT Official Forum United Kingdom Association of Hunter Field Target

Old 26th October 2014, 08:21 PM
Default Shooting as a guest

On regular base I come over from Holland to the UK for work. My company's production and development is just on the border of Richmond and Hounslow and when over I stay most of the time in Ripley. From the map elsewhere here on the forum it seems that in Twickenham and in Bisley HFT clubs are situated. Since I am over during these periods for almost a week it would be nice to visit one of these clubs and see if I can shoot there as well. Has anyone any idea how this works for foreigners?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 26th October 2014, 10:05 PM

It would probably depend on the individual club.

We're a long way from you - in north west Devon - and we quite often get visitors especially people who are taking a few days holiday down here, and fancy a few hours break from the wife and kids. They come along and borrow a club rifle, shoot a course or two, have a chat, and off they go.

As a matter of procedure we always ask visitors to confirm that they comply with the Firearms Act section 21 which restricts and in some cases forbids those who have had custodial sentences handling firearms.

We don't accept unexpected visitors, they have to have made contact beforehand, and they come as a guest of a member or as a club guest, signing in etc.

Our insurance doesn't require visitors to be British nationals and "foreigners" are welcome so long as there is no language issue bringing unacceptable risks.
Old 27th October 2014, 02:58 PM

Thanks Rich, at least it is a start on mind setting.
Old 27th October 2014, 03:32 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Bisley's website is here...

Might be worth sending them an email. Loopy is a member on here from Bisley, she may be able to help.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 27th October 2014, 04:09 PM

Thanks Rob!