Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 23rd October 2014, 07:40 PM
Member of: Greyhound & Purley Chase
Default Sportsmatch AOP55?

How well do the adjustable one peice Sportsmatch AOP55 mounts hold up on a springer?

Currently my Bushnell 4200 has 3 shims for elevation and the windage turret is close to being wound all the way to the right, so i feel i need and adjustable mount.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 26th October 2014, 05:59 PM
Member of: Lea Valley Air Gun Club

Very helpful piece of kit .I have a non-adjustable and full adjustable sportsmatch mount.Both function well,but the adjustable unit allows you to centralise the scope initially,before finally using minute amounts of turret movement to set up scope on rifle to zero required.Both are springer friendly with no movement on rails.
HERX77 .
Fighter against the 'Dark Arts'
Dark keeps moving in on the day.
Steadily going downhill faster!

Last edited by herx77; 26th October 2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 26th October 2014, 07:19 PM
Member of: Broadlands A.R.C.

Found it to be very good but is fiddly to set up the height adjustment as you need to remove it from the rifle to adjust.
Old 27th October 2014, 12:05 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

I've had two for years on two springers (97 and 77). Neither have ever moved an iota.

As said, a little fiddly to do elevation as you have to remove from the rifle, so do elevation first and completely ignore windage at first. What I do to save time is, first loosen off the rear locking/windage screws, then just tighten the clamp screws on the rail finger tight. It's fine for a couple of shots if using the recoil stud. Once I get it on for height on paper at ten yards (just shoot at a horizontal line) I move out to zero distance. When I get it within an inch for height at zero, I take it off, make sure the underneath locking screw is tight and mount it properly. Tighten up the locking screws and double check height.

The windage is if anything more fiddly as it takes some thinking to work out which way the screws will move the zero. Screwing one in pushes the mount base away, so effectively moves the scope (front or back as appropriate) toward the screw. Note that they act in pairs, so before you screw one in a little more, you have to loosen the other side the same amount. It's this that can mess with your head.

Final tip: small adjustments make big differences downrange, so a quarter turn at a time max, or you'll be chasing it all day!
Old 28th October 2014, 11:39 AM
Member of: Greyhound & Purley Chase

Its reasuring to hear they hold up on springers.
With the Windage adjustment at the front and rear or the mount is it possible to get crossover if the front or rear adjustment are out of alignment.