Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 7th October 2014, 06:12 PM
Member of: redfern
Default Re

Its like the way the s200 front scope mount fact I bet it is one dunno wether its ok on a HFT setup as the scope hight would be very high.
Old 16th October 2014, 09:49 PM

The barrel band from the early S410E rifles (to fit its 16mm OD shroud) works nicely when floating the MPR barrel - giving around 1mm clearance around its circumference:

The barrel does sit very slightly low in the band but this is barely noticeably (it's exacerbated in the shot above by the reflections).

If you can't get hold of an original one I think Rowan do 400 series barrel bands in various sizes.

My sort-of MPR definitely groups tighter with the barrel floated - 10 shots at 50m:

Hello forum, btw
Old 18th October 2014, 01:45 PM
Member of: Greyhound/Kibworth

I've free floated mine for years without problem. Don't get zero shift, a lot more dead to shoot and trajectory is flatter. I have modded the standard stripper too though which helped.
I cut the top off the standard figure eight, drilled hole, glued in section of rubber o-ring and sanded down to right height so as to leave slight clearance between bottom of stripper and cylinder. This stops the barrel from knocking.
HW 97K
Old 19th October 2014, 07:39 PM

Cheers Gents,

Plenty of food for thought. Will certainly give it a whirl.

I have a larger 16mm dia barrel band coming to try as well as a custom stripper. I have done the trigger sears mod. Polished all contact points, de-gunked, added crinkley washers and replaced trigger spring for a lighter one. Made a massive difference now giving a lovely lite, crisp release.

Kind Regards,