Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

View Poll Results: What do you mount your scope on?
Just mounts directly on the dovetail 5 19.23%
Rail: AJP 13 50.00%
Rail: other 6 23.08%
Riser blocks: Sportsmatch 2 7.69%
Riser blocks: BKL 0 0%
Riser blocks: other 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th August 2014, 06:25 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

Originally Posted by Martz View Post
Many moons ago I won the piston class of the NEFTA WL with this bad boy.

TX200HC + Weaver T36 AOP55 on 3 Sportsmatch risers

All the recoil pins slotted together nicely, it never shifted. I could even strip the thing and it would still be within a few clicks.

A rail might look neater though
Oh god I remember that pink thing, I think my retinas still have the afterimages!

I have a couple of spare Sportsmatch risers, which I may just give a try. It will be a free test to see if I like a bit more height on the scope with the Warren stock.
Old 28th August 2014, 06:28 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

Originally Posted by Neil-T View Post
I have 4 FT springers, including 2 97s, all have AJP rails on them. If you are worried about the mounts sliding back on the rail....which has never happened to me by the way, JONO will drill you some holes in the top of the rail for a mount stop to be located. Top man is JONO.
No, I'm not worried about that at all. I have one of Jono's rail on my Steyr and I had one on my EV too so I know they're superb, and I'll probably end up with one on the 97.
Old 28th August 2014, 09:12 PM
Member of: Redfearn FTC

Originally Posted by SDplinker View Post
Thanks for the feedback - I assume a close focus adapter was required? Any mods to the Weaver factory parallax? Very tempted but I know how good the Bushnell's are for springers. And the lower mag could come in handy with my wobbles.
Yes you'll need a close focus adapter, Without it mine came down to just over15 yards. I never tried adjusting the front lens as it ranged really well.

My only criticism is the ret, it's a very fine cross or a very fine cross with a fine dot. Great for precision, not so great on black or dark targets. My 8-32's are only duplex models, but even having the duplex is a big advantage in the wind as a reference point.