Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 1st August 2014, 08:21 PM
Member of: Shootability Norfolk
Default Entering competitions

Here goes this has probably been asked so often you can recite the answer in your sleep

What do I need to do to enter competitions ? Do I need to be a member of NSRA ?

I'm a member of Shootability here in Norfolk so that's a start

I shoot from a wheelchair.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 1st August 2014, 08:26 PM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

What sort of competitions?
He who never made a mistake never learned!
He who never missed never shot!
Old 1st August 2014, 08:47 PM
Member of: Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)

Do you not have a regional small bore rifle association.
Check out the link, if you have similar you can shoot the postal comps from the comfort of your own club.

Hope this helps Jon
Old 1st August 2014, 09:25 PM

Heidi, in most cases if you want to shoot NSRA comps you do now have to be a member in your own right. It used to be the case that being a member of an affiliated club was enough, but it's not quite like that now.

I see you shoot from a wheelchair. The NSRA rules allow you to take part against able-bodied shooters on an equal basis, which is good. All you will need is a dispensation. We have a member at our club who is not able to stand and he shoots LSR which is a standing discipline, from a seated position. All we had to do was to describe his "disability" - how I hate calling it that - and to enclose some photos showing how he would shoot from a seated position, without obtaining any advantage. Almost by return of post he had a dispensation letter. The photos are there so that an independent RO could check at any time that he was complying with his permission.

It may be that your local county SBRA runs its own competitions, and in many cases you can enter those comps without being an NSRA member, and if you are entering as an individual it may not be necessary even for your own club to affiliate.

If you were thinking of FT and HFT, it raises the question of which grounds are wheelchair-friendly. That's probably also weather-dependent. Our range is fine in dry weather but soon gets a bit soft in places when it's wet. FT has an open class where there are no compulsory standers and kneelers. I don't know about HFT.
Old 2nd August 2014, 07:09 AM
Member of: Shootability Norfolk
Default Entering comps

Mainly paper targets as winter is coming and I don't have an all terrain wheelchair [yet] which will be one of my downsides having to rely on the weather to attend outdoor competitions.

I Was meaning the smaller club organised ones and not the major ones

I knew if I wanted to attend NSRA comps I'd need to be a member I was really getting at the local smaller competitions.

Not sure if we have a local smallbore association here in Norfolk I will make enquiries this morning at Shootability [my local club which is affiliated to both DSGB and NSRA.