Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 26th May 2014, 04:51 PM
Member of: Hereward FT&ARC
Default GC2 MkII: locking the power adjuster

Can any GC2 gurus help please?

I was checking my GC2 MkII today: lovely and consistent at 720fps, so I tweaked the power up a bit. Went up to 785 - great! That's where I'd set it previously.

However, I noted that the adjuster screw was still turning easily after tightening up the two grubscrews on the charging plunger, and that after a few shots the power was already dropping back a bit.

Should there be a second grubscrew to lock the power adjuster in place, as per a Ripley, or is there a different way of adjusting it? Does the power adjuster always turn freely like that?

Any thoughts/ideas/advice? I'd like to get it up 'n running, but consistent with it.

Hereward FT&ARC
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 26th May 2014, 07:17 PM
Member of: emley moor

hi love a propper gun. get in touch with steve hebby he knows lots about them. mine is a mark 3 but i dont mess incase i bugger it up.
Old 26th May 2014, 10:40 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default ME

Myself i never undo the two allen bolts . just turn the allen key . never had a problem yet . it will i find drop down after setting a small amount . IE 5 or 6 feet per sec . but then should stay where it is . there are no locking plugs like the 100 series . the only thing i use the small allen bolts for are to put an allen key in , so when i turn the power adjusting allen key , it does not just go around and around . if any problems , send it to SCR Stafforshire Custom Rifles . had both of mine serviced there and perfect ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "