Shooting the breeze BASC - The British Association for Shooting and Conservation  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Benchrest

Benchrest Anything bench related...

Old 13th June 2014, 09:43 PM

Shewolf I apologise if I have upset you by giving my opinion and as you have said people are entitled to give theirs, you cant single out every comment that you favour you must take negative ones also though I still think a bar of chocolate as a prize is bloody awful, it's something you would win in a fairground. why not something on paper as recognition of a win, that would be cheap enough to put together and a nice keepsake.

as for sungotineyes that's a good excuse for missing the target LOL and yes I have spent a load of my money on gear but not for the reason he thinks. I am far from a shite shot, BTW sungotineyes having good equipment helps keep pellet on pellet as no doubt you will learn one day.
Old 14th June 2014, 12:08 PM
Member of: Atherton Indoor Range

Hi Boyo, you haven't upset me at all. Whilst I may not agree with what another person thinks I am not about to get upset over it. Life is too short to get upset over such a thing, and if someone can't handle others disagreeing, then the internet definitely isn't the place to be!
It's my first range, but not my first business, and I don't single out only positive comments, I welcome constructive criticism. The Sunday competitions we are running at the moment were born from a group of shooters (friends) who liked to shoot against each other to see who could win, bragging rights and banter is what they enjoyed. More people started joining in, and the competitions developed and grew into what we have now every Sunday. The basis remains the same, a shootout with friends with bragging rights and banter. Most people seem to like the treats for what they are, a novelty gift. Most people also seem to like the fact that everybody who participates gets something (regardless of how small, or its novelty factor). I do take on board your comment about something on paper, and I agree it could be a nice touch. To be honest some look forward to the prospect of deathly sugar, but a bit of paper might be a nice added touch. :-)