Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > UKAHFT Official Forum

UKAHFT Official Forum United Kingdom Association of Hunter Field Target

Old 4th May 2014, 10:00 AM
Member of: Liege

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
If you're not bothered about bracketing, if it was me I'd be looking round for a little burris with ballistic ret.
I forget the model details, but Dave Semmens uses one and they're a cracking little scope. Maybe someone can come along and fill in the details on what model it is?

Maybe think about coming down on mag too? Depth of field will be much better if you come down a little bit on mag to say 9x.

I tend to use Burris for all of my shooting nowadays.
The Burris Timberline is a good scope, as per my sig.
The other Burris I use is the 3-9x32 Sako Quad. A friend of mine did a lovely write up on the Air Arms Owners Club site, I'll try and find it and put up a link at some point.
Linky here:
The Burris Ballistic Plex retcule takes a little bit of getting used to but overall if you include the quality of optics and depth of field, it is worth getting accustomed to.
L/H Pro-Target MK111 Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 Ballistic Plex
L/H TX200HC Burris Fulfield II 3-9x40
L/H TX200 GinB

Why is dyslexia so difficult to smell?.

Last edited by daveuk; 4th May 2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 5th May 2014, 07:57 PM
Member of: redfern
Default Re

I had the same problem,dave suggested to me to try a connect,worlds apart from the viper and depth ov feilds very good,mines set at 8yard blured,9y ok out to 45y slight blur but only just,also cheap n plenty about s/h also the falcon menace are nice.