Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 4th November 2009, 10:22 AM
Two Tins

3rd season of HFT just finished.

Never competed with shooting until I packed the football in, then felt I needed something
to replace the Sunday football routine.

Neal
Old 4th November 2009, 10:52 AM
Its my skunk, I saw it !!

Picked up my first gun about 18 months ago and had a couple of goes at club comps so looked to broaden the horizon and shooting Nationals competitively (if you can call it that ) about 8/9 months. So still lots to learn.

Rik

MEON Valley Airgun Club
Old 4th November 2009, 09:44 PM

Started doing FT in around 87-88 with a Theoben Grand Prix then i got my first pcp.Daystate Midas FTR
Old 4th November 2009, 10:23 PM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11

Member of: Rivington Riflemen

FT from '89 until '02

had a couple years off then mainly HFT with just a little FT since '05
Old 5th November 2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzuki View Post
My first comp was the Horsham all standing.
That was an excellent comp as well Simon, nothing like strating with the tough ones... Nick actually won it with a higher all standing score than he got the a couple of weeks after at SiHFT

I started HFT just before the beginning of SiHFT so about 2 years in for me. Matt introduced me to Buxted which was a nice intro as I already knew Matt, Gary, Alex and a few others from SEAC (which I joined the year before)... my first day there I was also taken off into the woods by Dave and I can't remember what happened but my eyes remain crossed to this day

Buxted HFT - 2008, 2009, 2010 SiHFT Champions My A4 HFT/FT Targets

"When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet". ~ Wikus Van De Merwe
Old 5th November 2009, 09:26 AM
" Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
That was an excellent comp as well Simon, nothing like strating with the tough ones... Nick actually won it with a higher all standing score than he got the a couple of weeks after at SiHFT

I started HFT just before the beginning of SiHFT so about 2 years in for me. Matt introduced me to Buxted which was a nice intro as I already knew Matt, Gary, Alex and a few others from SEAC (which I joined the year before)... my first day there I was also taken off into the woods by Dave and I can't remember what happened but my eyes remain crossed to this day

LOL

Sheeet you're not pregnant are you Cliffy baby

>>>KINGPLINKERS CUSTOM GUN SITE<<<

>>>KP CUSTOM STOCKS AND ACCESSORIESs<<<

According to the myth, Pandora opened a container releasing all the miseries of mankindógreed, vanity, slander, envy, piningóleaving only HOPE ( + airguns ) inside.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
LOL

Sheeet you're not pregnant are you Cliffy baby
I dunno Dave. I just spent 3 days at a conference in the Brighton Hilton so I could well be... that or I abused buffet far too much!

Buxted HFT - 2008, 2009, 2010 SiHFT Champions My A4 HFT/FT Targets

"When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet". ~ Wikus Van De Merwe
Old 5th November 2009, 10:21 AM

I'm relatively new to HFT, starting with the Emley NEFTA Hunter this year. In Feb, I traded up to a Daystate Mark 3 in .177, and joined a club. What a difference a change in calibre and having somewhere to shoot regularly has made. Really enjoying my shooting now and enjoying learning more about it as I go too.

I think I'm steadily improving as I go but I'm finding the banter unmissable amongst some great new friends.

Learning all the time though.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:13 PM

I started FT in the latter part of 1988 when I first joined Cornwall FTC, been going pretty much non-stop to varying degrees since then.
Old 5th November 2009, 01:38 PM

I went to what was probably the earliest of HFT shoots as we know it ... a small group of guys shooting a short course of knockdowns in a wood around a lake in Frodsham near Chester. Sparky was there with Nev George and Supermick.

I shot the course with a Diana 38 and a 4x40 scope.

Sparky says he started 7 years ago so I suspect that was 7 years ago.

I only shoot during a few winter months.

I used to shoot at Tony Wall's Sporting Air Rifle shoots by the services on the M6. You could basically shoot what you wanted and how you wanted. Targets were often silhouette.

I tried FT ( with a basic set up ) but due to back pain I couldn't cope with the sitting. Similarly I couldn't get comfy with prone in HFT so I used to shoot all standing and kneeling and seemed stuck on 48/60. I now do shoot prone and scores have crept up to a PB of 57 but my kneeling and standing has suffered.

I actually organised a winter HFT shoot at a local farm which had excellent facilities. The shoot was a great success and well over 100 shooters turned up in sub zero temps. The sad thing is that the airgun shooting there was run by two FT guys who initially were'nt great fans of HFT and then upset Sparky so that was HFT dead and buried at that venue. It was also very disappointing that Tony turned up that day with a camera and seemed to want that shoot to be a failure. I called in that old farm recently ... no airgun club there at all now. All corporate entertainment. Shame.

I had a 3 year break from about 2006 to start of 2009 but haven't been able to shoot since the Rivi national round.