Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 20th April 2014, 06:53 AM
Member of: Iceni

Originally Posted by scutter View Post
On the official score card it asks for type of gun and scope. It does not ask for guns and scopes.

Also, any second rifle would have to go through the chronograph.
Of course, would stand to reason it would have to be checked to be legal.

Originally Posted by rich View Post
My post wasn't directed at you, SR. You've read the kneeler saga so you'll know the kind of thing I was wishing against.
I know, but hadn't thought of that angle, thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by DeanB View Post
Seen someone range with one rig and shoot with another during a GP.
Hmmm, not having shot at any GPs, (have marshalled at a couple though) haven't seen that

Originally Posted by holly View Post
When i asked this question of david baines ( BFTA comp sec ) i was told , it is against the spirit of the rules and would start a kit chase . i was thinking of using a different rifle for postionals . so he said , do it and we will ban it . ??? HOLLY
Thanks Holly, must admit that I'd a feeling that this must have been asked before, which was why I was expecting something in the rules about it - mind you "Start a kit chase"? What have we at the moment, with people buying ever more complicated rifles with more & more bells & whistles on them, higher mag/bigger scopes that have bits on to tell you that you're canted, 'windicators' that tell you the wind is blowing from such and such direction (at the firing point)???????????????????

Many thanks to those who've contributed so far, nice to see the various attitudes towards a casual comment between two shooters at a club regarding the sport

Me, I just shoot for fun & can't ever see myself taking part in even the local Winter League, let alone GPs etc. etc. & will quite happily spend 2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hours putting pellets towards targets & not too worried over the results
Old 20th April 2014, 07:52 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

It is covered in the rules - it says, anything not covered in the rules is down to the chief Marshall on the day.

Chief marshals are generally shooters with a lot of experience in the sport and are able to make a common sense decision without needing to have every conceivable situation covered by a rule.

If it's true that someone was using a rig to rangefind and one to shoot with then it would have been agreed by a CM on the day.

There might have been good reasons for it which the CM took into account when making his decision.

I've been a CM at a GP in the past and if someone rocked up with a positionals gun and a sitting gun - I would probably have told them it wasn't in the spirit of FT (depending on the circumstances of course).

"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools" - Douglas Bader