Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 1st November 2009, 04:22 PM
Member of: Bisley
Default CSFTA Winter League Rd 2

Thanks to the Newbury crew for todays shoot, really enjoyed it once I'd stopped being a bit of a girl and ventured out into the rain.

Scores will be on The CSFTA website soon, just go to the results page and click on the link.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 1st November 2009, 06:14 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Yep, thanks to the Newbury crew for an excellent shoot. Really enjoyed today, despite the "Millride" conditions... but they seemed to fade about 10 mins before finishing, and at the end we were even blessed with a bit of sunlight!

It was suprising how little some shots took, but speaking to Steve Privett after his first win on 33(?) he said there was 3 he took off the plate as he came back around to the start, so not everyone had it so easy, and he shot very well leave with just 7 standing. Well done to Mike Edminson on his overall 2nd with 32 in B grade. It's nice to see a strong element to the region that extends solidly beyond a few shooters. It wasn't as if it was cakewalk course, 40 yd standers, long elevated kneelers, reducers and 50+ shots kept the sitters on their toes.

I think i'm still in South African mode... another stander shot sitting (12yds) and James kept leaving the targets up, and not the ones he just missed because his Anchutz desperately needs a service.

Bucanneers at Bisley next on the 22nd of November and we'll be at the halfway point! Cripes...

Thanks for getting the scores up so quick Alan.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 1st November 2009, 08:42 PM

I can honestly say that this was probably a proper weathered Winter League Shoot.

Just about dried out driving with a heated front seat was nice . Happy with my score of 26 considering the conditions. Rifle and scope currently drying out but the lenses will need a clean to remove all the drops on them. Hit all 4 standers and missed 1 kneeler (must turn parralax to the correct setting) and the the remaining misses were due to the wind (90%) and me (10%).

Having the advanatge of shooting the last 8 lanes on clean faceplates I know that 5 of my misses landed within a pellet width of the kill at either 3 or 9 o'clock, about 3 were due to me and the rest were due to wind. Still do not understand how leaves moving across the target lane nearly in a straight line can cause a pellet to fly straight

Roll on the next round must get a bit more practise in. Done the 1st two with none at all.