Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range/  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 12th April 2014, 06:20 PM
Default Tx200

Got myself a new gun: Air Arms TX200 .177 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40 from Sportsman Gun Centre - Newport. They were really helpful as well, told them what I was after showed me a couple that suited, told me all the pros/cons of each. Showed me a variety of scopes, they seemed to really want to help.

First air gun I have ever bought after doing a lot of research decided on a springer. Was un-decided between the TX200 & HW97. Glad I went with AA, my girlfriends brother has a HW97 and I definitely think the AA is the better rifle.

Only put the 500 pellets that come with the gun through it so far. From what I have been reading it takes that amount before it 'runs in' & settles down.

Well impressed, had been using my dads S400 on and off for the last year but decided to get myself my 'own' air gun. Love how simple it is-just pick up some pellets and go. S400 is hard to beat but when I do everything right I think it definitely matches it.

Going to do some pellet testing now to see what it prefers, any suggestions? From what I have been reading AA, JSB, Daystate etc seem to have the best results in various weights/sizes. Probably get 10 different types of pellets and see how they go.

Done the pellet on the turret test out of curiosity because i've seen it done on You Tube, pellet hardly moved

Any advice would be great.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12th April 2014, 06:56 PM
Member of: North Oxon FTC

Mine is only a week or so old but quite likes air arms diablo express
Old 12th April 2014, 07:14 PM
Member of: Cosford,Kibby,Misfits

my tx loved aa diablo 52s