Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > Calender Events

Calender Events What's happening when and where...

CSFTA End of Season Shoot
Calendar: Default Calendar
My Empire of Dirt
An end of season shoot that doesn't count towards the league, but gives us a chance to just have a nice fun 40 shot course at Bisley and to hand out some trophies.

Expected start time to be 10 am.

4 entry.
Old 18th March 2014, 06:54 PM
Default CSFTA End of Season Shoot

7.50 for all
Old 23rd March 2014, 02:26 PM

Well all I can say it was a interesting shoot with weather conditions for the whole Winter season in one day.Starting with sun, rain, hail, sun and then some more cloudy.

Course had plenty to challenge every one. The CSFTA vs SEFTA event the rights went to CSFTA.
Well done to all those who shot, helped and supported the club's and region over this Winter league. Roll on the Summer season and next year's Winter league.

See you all at some point in the year.
Old 23rd March 2014, 03:36 PM
Member of: Meon Valley (CSFTA)
Default Verdict

I was out of the game game today due to starting my Chemo and Radiotherapy a few days ago, but really wanted to be part of the first CSFTA v SEFTA challenge.

Earlier forum banter was keeping the challenge afloat. What was the actual outcome? Was it an event to repeat in the future?

Old 23rd March 2014, 04:10 PM
Member of: Beechwood ftc

Great shoot, really enjoyed it, excellent course , well done Bisley. Enjoyed your company today Peter. Dave P
Steyr LG110 04087 + March 8x80x56 in S Lanyman stock. Air Arms Pro Target + March 10x50x56 in SLanyman stock
Old 23rd March 2014, 04:44 PM

Great shoot today,although my score didn't reflect that. Good course that made you think all the time,with the wide angled targets in each lane that made very different wind estimation in every lane. Would definately have a to next year if it will happen again. Well done to Cliffy and co for a great day.
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:02 PM
Member of: NOFTC CRPC

OK - Results are now available here

I will get around to adding the presentation photos, etc later but thought folks would like to see the scores for the day.

I added a CSFTA vs SEFTA results sheet with top 10 scores from each region (in the absence of any other basis for the contest hahaha).

Any obvious or not so obvious errors? Please message me here - all I have are the hand-written summary sheets.

Fun day but very well done Lyndeen! What a wind, well multiple winds, all at the same time it seemed.

On to the Inters!
BFTA Secretary 2012-2014
CSFTA Secretary 2014-2016
Old 23rd March 2014, 06:12 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Who won the money ?

Excellent day at Bisley , a ***** of a course of which myself and simon pattle were doing fairly wel on , TILL the bloody hailstones came down and did us in . and of course it would be on the most difficult part of the course at the beginning . drat , just as we were getting ready to storm past dan and woody in the scores department . as from now out comes the shooting jacket . gonna get serious . ??? HOLLY

PS as for cliffy walking up and down offering various windage tips like the prince honalulu " I GOTTA WIND , I GOTTA WIND " we asked him to walk away with a jerking motion .
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "
Old 23rd March 2014, 06:29 PM
Default CSFTA End of Season Shoot

Thanks to all who shot , built, organised and participated today. Great to see the two regions do battle and exchange banter and film-flam.
Great shooting from Lyndean .
Old 23rd March 2014, 07:57 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Thanks all to those that made it happen. Was a fitting end to a good series and nice to see lots of faces smiling in the sun, and the rain, and the hail, which is what it's all about.

Think SEFTA want a rematch which should be fun. Good solid winter league to build on and a good future ahead for the region I think. With potentially two more clubs in the region we could see done new faces in both hft and ft and even more people enjoying a day out.

As said at the end, we will be organising a csfta meeting soon to dot I's and cross any t's missed and also to take on feedback the club reps have had over the series.

Good fun with the springer today, but as hols said, it's better to be lucky than good.

Well done all.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep