Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 2nd March 2014, 06:50 PM

Thanks to all involved in the organisation and running of this series. Its been my 1st and have enjoyed (nearly) all of it, especially today, getting a PB % and beating a certain father of Chuckles Mc on the day and by 1 place in the series. Well done Frank, there is allways next year....

Congratulations to James on the series win and to all the other winners.
If you can't fix it with a big hammer, your hammer aint big enough....

Air Arms S200 Tench Reg, Tilly's Custom Stock, MTC 3-12x24
Old 2nd March 2014, 07:04 PM
Member of: KSG, Misfits

Another series done
This was our fifth year and IN my opinion it was probably the best. Attended so far.
Thanks to Daystate and Solware for their continued support it is appreciated.
Also thanks to everyone that has taken the time to Marshall as well as shoot the series, I know it can sometimes be a pain
And finally thanks to everyone of you that travel around the Midlands during the Winter months to make the series what it is.
Without you all bothering there wouldn't be a series.
I'm now going to find a dark room to throw all the stuff in until its time to start again.
Old 2nd March 2014, 07:23 PM
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others

many thanks for a great day even if I did somewhat poor today but the all over crazy wind along with the open parts of the course taught me a few lessons, so roll on the next session as I will be there.

however many thanks to the folks who made the comp & to the companies who support this great hobby of ours.
My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.
Old 2nd March 2014, 07:24 PM
Member of: Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC

Brilliant Greg well done to Kibworth Gun Club for organising the series and all background helpers. Im looking forward to seeing my photo bombed pics!! lol Highlight of my day despite the pain shooting today I will attend when I can. Well done guys and gals
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

The real Peaky Blinder
Old 2nd March 2014, 07:46 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Its been my 4th time shooting this series and it is going from strength to strength, the support of Daystate and Solware is very much appreciated making it THE winter series with the ever increasing attendance testament to that.
The organising team deserve a big thank you for their efforts in making this series the success it has become.

As always it was very closely contested, the last round deciding top places today just like in previous years. I shall look forward to the next series and hope to see all the present competitors and the new ones we get each year too.
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.
Old 2nd March 2014, 08:11 PM
Semper fidelis
Member of: Maldon

Thoroughly enjoyed todays shoot, many thanks to all concerned!
Bert Tate getting RINSED by Mike Ivesen, whats all that about!
Silence is the enemy........
Old 2nd March 2014, 08:37 PM
Member of: Misfits, Kibworth misfits

Brilliant series, enjoyed every minute of all of it! Big thanks to Greg and everyone who made this series what it is today!
Enjoyed shooting round with Alex, both of us had moments today which left us scratching our heads!
Welldone to James on the win, you deserved it!
Old 2nd March 2014, 08:56 PM
Member of: Independant

Results aside I am glad I took part in this series and I met a lot of nice people int the process. Today however I saw something at Kibby that I will take to the grave; the bloke walking along towards the car-park when his trousers fell down. I had trouble typing that cos I'm wetting myself. Priceless.

Thanks to all the organizers & sponsors; you did yourselves proud.
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:19 PM
Member of: M.A.D

Second year of attending the Midland Hunters.
Fantastic winter competition that allows us to keep shooting well thought out, challenging courses and catching up with friends from around the Country.
Very well run and organised, and always a warm welcome from Greg and the crew.
Well done to all the winners and a big thanks for the support from the sponsors.
Cheers all
MAD for it.

Steyr LG 110 Gary Cane, Leupold 2.5-8x36 TMR
Member of the UYK, UYB, UYC, UYH & UYE club.

I would like to agree with you....but then we would both be wrong !!
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:44 PM

Yep, another fine year. Probably the best yet as Greg has said. It is great to see so many new faces, many of which are now challenging the "regular" winning shooters. Some of the shooters who have entered the series this year have done particularly well using guns not normally associated with strong performances. My own Nemesis , Ian ".3% "Howarth stitched me up good and proper using an Air Arms S200 that cost about a tenth of what you would normally pay for a decent target rifle. Just goes to show that talent will always out! Not that Ian has talent, he is just lucky!!!!

Anyway, a fine time was had by all so once again thanks for Greg and the team who make it happen, and to my series chauffeur, Chuckles for the none stop joking and laughter we enjoy during the gentle drive up and down the M6 every month or so during the winter months.

See you all soon folks!

Frank the tramp.