Shooting the breeze BASC Sponsor the BFTA  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 18th February 2014, 03:29 PM

Member of: harriers field target
Default dsw

£450it can stay on the rowen shelf. i knowwhen its cold, and hopefully have the technique to hold the rifle without cant.
Old 18th February 2014, 09:09 PM
Shabba

Member of: Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC

Have a look here explaning it all very clever blokes!! I also seen it paired via Bluetooth to a tablet and also plans to implement a chronograph feature!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYFY4hH78xo

The real Peaky Blinder
Old 19th February 2014, 11:44 AM

Member of: FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen

According to the World Field Target Federation rule 1.4 no other equipment may be used than the ones mentioned in rule 1.4. ( http://www.world-field-target-federation.com/core-rules )
The digital sidewheel is not mentioned and to me it seems that this means it is not allowed to use it in matches organized under WFTF rules.

In my humble opinion we (or the BFTA and WFTF) should stop the ratrace for more equipment and stick to rule 1.4 and allow no other equipment.

I also think we should ban olympic or ISSF style shooting jackets from FT shooting. The ISSF is very busy to stop the ever increasing stiffness of coats and pants. The shooters are protesting, but almost every year the ISSF rules go toward less thicknes and stiffness. More in the direction of normal clothing.
To keep our sport fit for the future and accessible to more shooters we should aim to reduce the cost and amount of equipment used. The increasing popularity of HFT shows that many shooters are not aiming on loads of gadgets and equipment.
To keep a level playing field for FT shooters not able or willing to spend a lot off money it would be wise to reduce the costs to be spent on additional equipment like olympic/ISSF style shooting coats.
Old 19th February 2014, 04:21 PM

Member of: harriers field target
Default the onslaught of new stuff

in reply to the previous post. i would never purchase such a device due to the price at moment. if in the future the cost reduces to a level that i would be prepared to pay, and that is the crux! then why not.
if a competitor turns up with one of these i would not complain. their chosen kit. as to shooting jackets/gloves same applies. in your world we should all be naked and throw stones. catapults would give an unfair advantage.
you cannot stop development or the want for it. i bet you go to work or go sopping in a car, is that not technology? or do you use a horse?
Old 19th February 2014, 04:47 PM
Ìch bin ein Meister Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven View Post
According to the World Field Target Federation rule 1.4 no other equipment may be used than the ones mentioned in rule 1.4. ( http://www.world-field-target-federation.com/core-rules )
The digital sidewheel is not mentioned and to me it seems that this means it is not allowed to use it in matches organized under WFTF rules.

In my humble opinion we (or the BFTA and WFTF) should stop the ratrace for more equipment and stick to rule 1.4 and allow no other equipment.

I also think we should ban olympic or ISSF style shooting jackets from FT shooting. The ISSF is very busy to stop the ever increasing stiffness of coats and pants. The shooters are protesting, but almost every year the ISSF rules go toward less thicknes and stiffness. More in the direction of normal clothing.
To keep our sport fit for the future and accessible to more shooters we should aim to reduce the cost and amount of equipment used. The increasing popularity of HFT shows that many shooters are not aiming on loads of gadgets and equipment.
To keep a level playing field for FT shooters not able or willing to spend a lot off money it would be wise to reduce the costs to be spent on additional equipment like olympic/ISSF style shooting coats.
Oh good!!!!! More bans !!fantastic news just what the sport needs!!

While your at it why not ban any gun derived from 10m or 25m match equipment, so goodbye anshutz ,steyr,walther and fwb.

Not , wait i hav a better idea,lets just get on with enjoying the sport that we all do and stop worrying about what hes got thaT I havent
Old 19th February 2014, 05:19 PM
Allowed in Sales

Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Quote:

The rules also don't say you're allowed to have a sidewheel fitted to your scope or a 50ft adapter - so lets see those coming off
Old 19th February 2014, 06:55 PM
B Grade Bandit

Member of: Anston FTC

Quote:
To keep a level playing field for FT shooters not able or willing to spend a lot off money
If this is the case then everyone should be shooting open sight TX's of no value great than £57.

As far a I can tell the DSW with give you no advantage whatsoever, if it does only move in 1yd incerements after 45yds it's less accurate than a physical pencil mark on a wheel.

Last edited by Yorkshiretea; 19th February 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 19th February 2014, 09:27 PM

Member of: nelson
Default dsw

as far as i can see, it only gives out what you put in same as writting ranges on your wheel
Old 20th February 2014, 06:42 AM

Member of: FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen

I started a poll about the use of Olympic style shooting jackets in FT. Let me hear what you think and your arguments pro or contra.
(PS: I have an Olympic style jacket myself, but I'd like to see them banned for FT-shooting)
Old 20th February 2014, 08:50 AM
B Grade Bandit

Member of: Anston FTC

Quote:
I started a poll about the use of Olympic style shooting jackets in FT. Let me hear what you think and your arguments pro or contra.
(PS: I have an Olympic style jacket myself, but I'd like to see them banned for FT-shooting)
Loving the logic there Sven