Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 15th February 2014, 05:25 PM
Member of: Harriers FTC
Default The shooting show

Hi guys and girls been to the shooting show today had a play with a couple of scopes,

The Khales & Schmidt and bender

Looks like khales have listened to our FT boys with the mods the have made what and improvement on the scope its now getting there with an ft ret this scope will be there.

The Schmidt looks nice feels nice and light but i can see there being a possible issue with the movement/slight play on this magnetic attached sidewheel this scope may be out October time lets see what happens when people get a prototype to test and see if there is any poi shift.
FT is the best just forget the rest.

Rowan Engineering Team Member

MFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
BFTA Trade Liaison Officer
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 15th February 2014, 05:32 PM
Member of: Glevum & Quarry Hunters

I went today, good for clothing footwear, shotguns etc.

Shame March weren't there but I think the cost realtive to the amount of kit he sells on the weekend just doesn't add up.

Had a go on the new FTP900 on the Air Arms range, veryyyy nice

Old 15th February 2014, 07:23 PM

Its not that Tone, putting it mildly he and many others had a disagreement with the organisor.

Seen the S&B yesterday and as first said in Jan it must have play else you wouldn't get the wheel on. Slop/clunk is about 2 yards around 55. Other than that vast improvement over the previous but still no March.
Old 15th February 2014, 08:06 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Hmm. It does make you wonder who is designing ft specific scopes if that's the case.
Will be interesting to see how the khales has developed since I last saw it in the worlds. Rets are just window dressing to personal choice. While Xmas trees can be made useful plenty have won big titles with just wire and dot or basic duplex. But the basics have to there. If S&B have solved temp shift then I can see hacksaws being pulled out but it has to be proven. Think it took me 6 months to see the shift on my march and if I hadn't had Andrew Gillott and Jon alongside me on the plinking range before the comp I would have just assumed the practice targets weren't at exact distances.

There's a wealth of experience in the uk and it wouldn't do some a little harm to get them under a non disclosure agreement and spend a weekend with them going over the basics of a product before it's launched. Combine the technical engineers with that skill set and facilities like the temp controlled indoor ranges which can go sub zero and you could get a hell of a lot of the basics and more sorted.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 16th February 2014, 05:34 AM
Member of: Glevum & Quarry Hunters

Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Its not that Tone, putting it mildly he and many others had a disagreement with the organisor.
Sorry to hear that Jon.

GMK were there and they are the UK distributor for Leupold. They had one, yes only one Leupold scope on their stand (it was one of the largest stands at the show) as far as I could see and didn't see any other Leupolds for sale on any other stands.

Probably the largest quality scope manufacturer in the world and only one of their products at the British Shooting Show - whats that about?

Last edited by Tone; 16th February 2014 at 05:35 AM. Reason: more detail