Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 24th January 2014, 07:34 PM
Member of: Springfield SEFTA

I've sped through this a bit quick so excuse if I've missed summat.
Brian is very much correct in his explanations.

To clarify magazine fed weapons. To be classified as 'loaded' the magazine MUST have at least one pellet in and MUST be fitted into the weapon. Magazines fully loaded away from the weapon, even in the same section of the bag - unloaded.

Under the current law the legal status of a loaded weapon may appear irrelevant, but as Brian has explained 'Reasonable excuse' is a coverall for the law and would encompass all the relevant facts of the alleged offence.

There will be very few occasions when you could justify having a loaded wepaon in the public arena; perhaps crossing a footpath whilst stalking on rural land would be acceptable, but you may have to persuade the magistrate.

From personal experience of being someone carrying a big pointy stick, dealing with a person carrying a small pointy stick; it's not okay to cross a council estate with a loaded air rifle at school kicking out time because you're " between woods"
2013/14/15/16 BFTA Grand Prix - Open Class Winner
2013 SEFTA Showdown Winner
2008/15. Essex 50 Winner
Old 25th January 2014, 09:02 PM
Member of: Redferns

Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Would you like a hand getting those worms back in that can?
Lmoa. Barry is only asking a question and to me a legit one. We all observe the 12ftlb limit with zeal, I crono mine at every chance I get. So why not ask a question like this? I would hate to be in the position of my rifle been 11.5 with bis mags but banded up for having a mag in the slip with a single pellet in it. Maybe the op could have been worded better but better ask than assume.

AA TX200 .177 Walnut MTC Viper 10x42
AA TX200 .22 Beach MTC Viper 10x42
BSA Ultra .22 Scope less
Old 26th January 2014, 03:20 PM
Government Spy
Member of: Redfearn FTC

Harry your on the TV tonight they have made a program just about you Ch5 10:00pm
Old 27th January 2014, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Monty View Post
a shot gun or an air weapon shall be deemed to be loaded if there is ammunition in the chamber or barrel or in any magazine or other device which is in such a position that the ammunition can be fed into the chamber or barrel by the manual or automatic operation of some part of the gun or weapon

Cut and pasted from the act so this is the definitive answer!

Plus the additional stuff about reasonable excuse per Brians post above
Now that indeed makes sense. Otherwise any one traveling to their local club or competition would be liable by just having an unloaded air rifle and separately stored loaded magazines.