Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 13th January 2014, 07:55 AM
Member of: Dunfermline / New Caledonian

Fantastic shooting by Nick Hopkinson 60/60 Well Done mate
Well run competition as always, loved the target through the pipe impossible to range so guessed it and got it, result
loved cosford depite the over 6hr, 350+mile drive and the sodding average speed cameras for mile after mile
PS left my bean bag there if anyone finds it PM me please and I will be at Greyhound on the 2nd Feb thanks
Massive thanks to the DMHS Crew and the Cosford Crew & Nick for making it a fantastic day
ATB Gordon
Gordon Burns
Dunfermline Air Gun Club/New Caledonian
Steyr LG.100 Vortex viper
Steyr LG.100 Leupold mk4 TMR
Air Arms TX200 Bushnell Elite
HW 45 Pistol
HW 40 Pistol

Last edited by rover; 13th January 2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 13th January 2014, 07:57 AM
Lucky git

Many thanks to Cosford for the shoot today. Please take the comments and banter as they are meant to be....constructive.

Really enjoyed the shoot today and nice to see LankyMark starting to get the HFT bug again. Thanks to Peter Foote and Steve Handby for the company on the course, it was a pleasure to shoot round with you guys.

To answer the questiion of the high scores. The course was a mid skill course with at least 8 targets being full size kils at sub 35 yard ranges. Saying that, the wind was tricky and depending on which part of the course you were on when the gusts came through made or broke your score. Don't want to take away anything from Nick as the clearance was the only one of the day with quite a lot of quality shooters attending.

I did have a nice chat with one of the chaps running Cosford (sorry but i don't know your name) about how good the course was but to not have so many targets in the 'gimme' bracket. works fine for a club shoot where you want to encourage new shooters but this was Midlands series shoot so would have expected it to be a little more difficult.

IMHO, a rule of thumb is that you have 5 targets that most can get, 10 that are truly evil and 15 that have varying degrees of difficulty/position.

Last edited by chrisc; 13th January 2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 13th January 2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
And a special mention for Matt, not only was he shooting .22, it was a springer to boot!
Superb result! (chrono that rifle!)

Shore Shaun 0.22 54
Goodson Matt 0.22 53
Warburton Keith 0.22 52
Glover Pete 0.22 47
Thanks mate
Old 14th January 2014, 12:46 PM

Thanks to all that set everything up on Sunday. I really enjoyed myself, it was a brilliant course.

A big thanks to Perry too for the lift, without you I wouldn't have made it there to have such as good time. I hope your heating gets sorted soon mate, being cold all the time wont do anything for your cold.

Old 17th January 2014, 07:54 PM
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others

sorry folks I had to miss this round 4 of the Daystate Midlands HFT Series due to my lady's back & hip issues causing her a few days & night pain just before the comp so I was gutted to say it nice, however I will be there at round 5 because I will take the better half to her mums or I will get someone from next door to look after her

My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.
Old 21st January 2014, 09:38 AM
Member of: Kibworth

Scores updates to show Vets and Ladies
Steyr 110 with Leup VX3
Ripley AR5s with MTC viper
Walther LG300 XT Protouch with EB Sniper.

Click Here for Kibworth HFT news and results

Click Here for the latest Daystate Midland Hunter Series News
Old 25th January 2014, 07:31 PM
Default Badge

Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
We award badges based on highest score of the day.
PCP within 4 points of the highest score gets a gold, within 9 a silver and anything below gets a bronze for taking part.
Jnr/Recoil/ '22 within 9 gets a gold,14 gets silver anything else gets a bronze for taking part.

If you get four gold badges in the series and have purchased your badges then we give you a free Platinum badge.
Badges cost 3 each.
Being as it was my first competition i didnt know about the badges can i still buy a badge from the Cosford comp.
Atb Terry
Old 25th January 2014, 08:17 PM
Member of: KSG, Misfits

Originally Posted by Hodg View Post
Being as it was my first competition i didnt know about the badges can i still buy a badge from the Cosford comp.
Atb Terry
Hi Terry
Yes you can come along to The Greyhound next Sunday, when you book in just ask for your badge from Cosford.
Old 25th January 2014, 08:45 PM
Share the Love
Member of: Misfits, Australia OMT

1010, thats a binary number for something