Shooting the breeze Dowry Hill FTC  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 4th October 2013, 05:22 AM
Lucky git

I'm with Conor on this, when was the last time that a PT won a trophy compared to a Steyr. How many Steyrs vs PT's are there on the FT and HFT circuit?

If i was on a budget my first choice would be a sorted PT, If money was ok then a Steyr every time as the refinement is heads and shoulders above the PT. The Steyr is easier to work on yourself as well which is a huge plus for me.
Old 4th October 2013, 08:48 AM
Member of: oldham

I think age and wieght come into this i,v had PTs since 1998 but as they are getting too heavy for me i bought a steyr about 6 weeks ago and love it ,just wish i was 45 instead of 65 to have more time with it ,for what it,s worth if you have a steyr and not short of cash keep it.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:56 AM
Member of: Redfearns FTC

I have a ProTarget that will match my EV2 and Walther for accuracy. It is not as easy to extract that accuracy though. Good trigger technique and follow through are a must.

I would happily use the Pro Target in comps and do regularly in FT and HFT. I think a lot of people like more modern equipment - but there is something nice about kicking a55 with a 400 gun

Old 4th October 2013, 02:08 PM
Account Deleted

There is no doubt that the LG's are good. VERY GOOD in fact.
And lets not forget that the Pro Targets are showing their age a little by now.
That said, I have one coming from Neil and can't wait to get it as they are still very good guns, if the regs sorted.

I have shot with Conor, he has his Lg Set up REALLY well and it looks "amazing" in the hydrographic carbon dip scheme. It's cool, new, very star wars bang up to date and no doubt worth the money he paid for it.

Things move on, and at the minute the gun to be seen with is without question, The LG110,
But that's not to say other guns like the PT or the AR 20ft can't cut it either, they very much can and do.

I think it's a case of can you use what you have got, regardless of what it is.
No point having the newest and best etc if you can't use it, in the same way that a guy/girl, with an old RN10 who can use it will knock down targets with ease.

I started FT with a Falcon FN19FT Back in "the day"
Moved then to the RN10 and loved it, i have had a fair few guns since but have to say i am really excited waiting for this Pro Target to arrive.
Relive a few happy memories etc and maybe do well in the comps from time to time.

There's no way at 46 and out of FT for a fair while now (16 years )that i will ever be as good as Conor, Andy Calpin etc, the list goes on, but i will have fun trying and maybe on some days i will do better than i thought i could.
Wouldn't it be nice though to have a really good day with something that wasn't classed as high spec any more, like the PT ?
Old 4th October 2013, 06:25 PM
Pellet testing...yawn
Member of: CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association
Default Keeping the Steyr

The used market is kind of soft right now anyway so getting the value for the Steyr might be problematic anyway. Conor's breakdown of the stats and Chris' statement about serviceability sealed it for me.

Steyr it is! Now to fit the 85bar regulator....

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 4th October 2013, 06:31 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Kid

Don't kid your self jinx you can do anything that you wish to do , if you have the kit , the aptitude and you try hard enough and long enough . you are only 46 . it should take you three years to get to a stage where you can challenge the best ( and connor is one of the best ) this means a training program . fitness ( not just lifting a pint ) some weights , two pounds a side will do . swing em for 5 to ten mins before you get into bed ( helps you sleep as well , cos of the deep breathing ) walking , swimming , bit of jogging maybe , cycling , all will help you . practice in the week as well as the weekend all helps . BUT most of all you have got to BELIEVE in you .my old shooting team capt used to line all the lads up and ask em one by one . whose the best shot here . and you had to shout as loud as you could . ME ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "
Old 4th October 2013, 07:17 PM
Account Deleted

So, just to recap....
The pringle dvd in bed work out is where i am going wrong is it hehe

I will give it a whirl with my AR20ft and pro target and show the LG boys the way home,
Where's them 2 bags of Tayto