Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > Calender Events

Calender Events What's happening when and where...

MFTA Winter 2013/14 Rd 7
Calendar: Default Calendar
NJR 100
Because I`m AWESIME !!
5th January 2014
Dowry hill.

one of the Best grounds in the Country
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:30 PM
Default Car Parking

We have been down at the club today preparing for our round of the MFTA winter league, you know the kind of thing clearing the odd nettle from the woods.

Some of you may know we are in the process of having a 10m range built, the foundation was there at our last winter league and this did not seem to affect the car parking, HOWEVER at the moment there is a lot of building associated mess on the car park. We are hoping some of this will be cleared before our shoot.

If none of it is cleared then car parking will, I am afraid, be tighter than ever. So this is a 'heads up' for those of you travelling to our winter league. Car share wherever possible, this will help enormously and when you arrive at the shoot please park considerately. We know that the 1st squad shooters may want to leave once they have shot and we are planning to allow for this with the minimum of fuss.

We may be directing the parking on the day, please do as you are asked. Anyone who is rude or abusive to any marshals directing the parking will be leaving and not shooting.

On a lighter note I think the course we have planned for you all should be quite enjoyable.

Old 23rd November 2013, 07:48 PM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

Thanks for the heads up James, will try and get 4 of us in the car.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:20 PM

I know that we are all law abiding citizens BUT...

Some of the speed limits have been lowered on the approach roads to our ground, there is the odd camera so be aware.

Old 2nd January 2014, 07:00 PM

I've got man flu and a FT course to help set up

Still I will soldier on in the face of adversity so my fellow FT shooters can have a shoot on Sunday.

The good news... is that a lot of the stuff that was on the car park has gone so that we have a little more space for parking than we feared we might. So providing we all park sensibly and car share where possible there shouldn't be a problem.

We will try to park the first squad shooters so they can leave easily.

If you are shooting the second session please don't rush to get there early.

It looks like it will be a damp weekend so remember your boots, it could be muddy on the course.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Old 4th January 2014, 04:48 PM

Update 2

Well everything is about ready for you MFTA winter leaguers.

The course through the wood isn't too bad mud wise. Please be aware though that the approach to the course start is slippery and the field section will no doubt cut up after a few shooters. But then it is winter so a bit of mud is to be expected

We have not put the practice range and sillys in the usual place. We have put them under the cover of our 50 yd range, so if it should rain at least you can stay dry while you have a quick practice and miss the silhouettes. It does mean we only have 50 yds for practice but we figured you might prefer to stay dry.

See you all in the morning, we'll aim to have the first session briefing at about 8:45.

Oh yes the burger van is booked!

Old 10th January 2014, 08:06 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Superb corse as ever, you really have to be on your toes at this ground.
Definatly in my top 5 Uk Ft Grounds.

Likewise a superb bunch of people organising Sundays shoot, thanks to Sam,Gilly, Val, Chris, El C and any one else I missed (Blame pm wind)

Apparently there was less wind Am, even Blobby said it but it certainly picked up for Pm session. Not often I have come out of kill in the woods here but I needed to today on a few occasions.

Top shooting by no 1 Apprentice Arms Dealer with a 36, told you to practise them kneelers more. To only miss 2 sitters Pm was for me, shooter of the day!
Even if you were on Jacks pace lol 3 lanes head start, ask for 5 next time!

El C should be disqualified for swapping session lol though I suppose he did ok again. Give you 600 for that scope? thats another 100!
Saying that, judging b the few Pm entries it seems about another 15 or so also went with him, Chickens lol

Shall do what i can to make sure I am back for 2015 shoot, one not to be missed.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85
Old 10th January 2014, 09:26 PM

Had to shoot AM so we had enough people to marshal, decided weeks ago, as you well know Simon you cheeky monkey

Put me right off my stroke it did, not used to shooting early and in less challenging conditions

If it is any consolation I had aim off for a number of shots in the morning session and then had to shoot the Sillys in the afternoon...

Back to the normal routine for Woodend