Shooting the breeze Best fittings sponsors UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 23rd May 2013, 02:55 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default Hancox interview by Airgun Shooter Magazine
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 24th May 2013, 03:50 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Stu

Couple of bit's on STU . one time at Otmoor's ground . stu is in a shoot off for first place , the fella says to him , shall we toss up for it . no say's stu if we toss up for it i could lose . he won it on a 50 yard stander .
I am shooting with him , again at otmoor in a GP . he was clear on the sitters and kneelers but was so supprised i think that i hit all my standers that he missed three of em . finished on 47 . anyway to show how the old farts brain works . we got to a lane edging out onto a field , you could see the corn waving in the field with the wind going right to left . i am shooting first , gives it a pellet mark on the right about an inch out . goes straight there . gets up says to stu , you won't get that one .oi will he says , oi will bet you £50 i get it says he . well if i had £50 i would have , but no . he takes the shot and down it went . i asked as you do , how did you know it would take no wind ? he said that pellet mark was a group not a single shot . all the shooters in front had shot the same place . so i shot in the middle . there you go . ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "
Old 24th May 2013, 07:29 PM
Member of: oldham

Thank,s for posting Rob ,I shot with Stu at Tawd some year,s ago ,we got to one target and after i missed it he said to me that target is more than 55 ,I said how do you know he said look at the quality of the shooter,s in front of us and they have gone low ,he set his for 55 and aimed high and down it went .he is also a very honest and sporting guy,there was a under age shooter with us and his mum was marking all the card,s she marked him down for a hit on a target he missed but no one noticed till he checked the cards at the end and had a marshal knock a point off his card ,he would have had a clear round as well ,Top bloke .
Old 24th May 2013, 08:47 PM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Yep Stu has talent, nice party trick he does on the plinking range (after he's fired a pellet sandwiched between two felts which sounds like a rimfire using HV rounds), is to have someone else pull his trigger whilst he's holds the gun, standing, shooting at a 55yrd target!
He who never made a mistake never learned!
He who never missed never shot!
Old 26th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Member of: Duchy & Buckley wood.
Thumbs up respect

Never met him but he sounds like a top bloke , I like the way he thinks and share some of his views
great interview.