Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 9th May 2013, 02:18 PM
Member of: CTC

We are of topic.

I change my equipment regarding the new changes and didn't noticed that, I also have to agree is not legal in Portugal but allowed in other country's for many years I have been asking for us to use the WFTF rules, we should use our spare time to shoot and not adapt the equipment for each regulations that are modified every year.

For many years I used ULCS underwater parts for that, 1 clamp and two adaptors and it worked very well but it’s expensive, the Mac1 uses a clamp from a bicycle you can try to make one similar.

Last edited by Delphinus; 10th May 2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 9th May 2013, 06:05 PM
Default RAW and Mac1 hamsters

I have used both of these and found both of them to be very useful for different reasons.

The RAW hamster may seem expensive but it has a very clever feature that you cannot see in the pictures: both rotating shafts have "clicks" or "indents" that you can feel and makes the adjustment process easier as the clamp does not need to be completely released or excessively tightened between adjustments. These "indents" resist movement very well once the clamp is tightened.

The Mac1 hamster does not have the "indents" but it is available with 2", 3" or 4" pivoting arm lengths. This flexibility allows the shooter to match the hamster to the particular rifle setup, balance and personal preferences.

The RAW hamster uses 5" pivoting arms that may be too long for some applications. I have requested them to make a 3" version for me.
Old 9th May 2013, 07:16 PM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA

If one of the RAW versions came up for sale for sensible money I might try it, with the cup swapped for a flat hamster block. Don't think that there are many over this side of the pond though. Otherwise, looking at other possible solutions as well.