Shooting the breeze Valley Arms Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 16th December 2008, 02:02 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
I was picked up on everything....!

Sat on my foot! and hand on knee! everything i was not supposed to be doing by the sound of it!

i was a bit shocked on how upset and tense the chap got! i could not apologize enough,
and i honestly did not know i was doing any wrong. i am glad there was another chap with him who is real nice and chilled him out a bit!

oh well!
hopefully it hasn't dulled your enthusiasm!... i've never seen anyone inexperienced get that treatment and I dont hink it's deserved for even standing on your head. The only time a raised voice is needed is for safety.

best thing to do, nail a mega kneeling position and get a lane ahead of the person next time, nail both, then mutter something about how much easier they are when done to the rules and how you wished you'd known earlier. Then quietly observe said person try and take them
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 16th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Default he! he!

he! he!

I like it.

thanks all.

Old 18th December 2008, 05:35 PM
MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of some old 2010 GP series thingy as well

Dunk, you are quite simply a liar!
I am the afore mentioned "big chap" who was shouting out real loud about your kneeling shots.
What total crap. I stood quietly while you took both shots, I didn't butt in or break your concentration in any way. When you had taken the second shot I asked, in a moderate tone and reasonable manner if you were aware that your kneeling position was illegal.
You replied to me that you were not and asked what you were doing wrong.
This must be the part where I made a fuss and put you down, the part where I explained the correct technique of kneelers, so that you could conpete in the future without fear of infringing the rules.
At no time during any of this was I either upset or tense, I love my shooting, so I'm at my most contented when I'm doing it, unlike now, when I am most definately upset and tense.

Old 18th December 2008, 05:44 PM
Exclamation kneeling

i hope there is not an outcry over this incident,the person who informed "Dunk" of his errors then proceded to coach him the correct way.job done nicely in my book. i do not think this person went out to shame Dunk but to enlighten the man that rules are laid down for all to observe and adhere to.Back to the shoot, a nice little course which no one cleared due good variation of distances and angles and mother nature.
well done to the cross guns posse. nice bacon& egg buttey too.

Old 18th December 2008, 09:41 PM

I do hope you are right, and i took it the wrong way, but i was shocked and could not understand that i had done anything wrong!

I suppose the sport is very serious to some people, and not just a bit of fun, so the rules must be kept in line.

I am real sorry if i did take this the wrong way.

oh, and i got the kneeling position spot on now thanks to a bit of coaching from someone in the know!
Old 18th December 2008, 09:56 PM

Neil....I am not a liar

You are a big chap and your voice was loud to me, telling me they should be marked a miss, but you did not stop me before the shots were taken i was real upset and felt intimidated...! and before this incident you put your hand up, and did not crack a smile at me. you were obviously very serious! i do not know you and i thought your approach compared to the other chap was quite scaring. . if i have took this the wrong way i am real sorry, and i apologize.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:21 PM

Dunc put it down to experience and dont let this put you off.
Many people do not get informed of the dispute there and then rightly or wrongly. In fact one top shooter has just packed it in for that reason.
Nothing to worry about, apart from the lesson i am sure Neil was having some fun Hope you see in a different light.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:43 PM

Righto! The old year is ending & the new one is just about set to begin. I never witnessed this incident but I'm sure it's not worth carrying over into '09!
New Year, clean slate & the benefit of the doubt all round, what do you say?
Old 19th December 2008, 09:17 AM
Member of: Castle

enough said I think. People starting out do make mistakes and it doesnt really matter as long as they learn from it as they quite clearly have. If the big chap is Neil D then I can assure you you couldnt wish to meet a nicer and more helpful person, he is a pleasure to know - and I am 100% he would have not had any bad intent.

Lets just crack on at Dowry Hill and put our energies into getting the Inter Regional Dream Team on top form!!

Cheers all

Castle FTC
Old 19th December 2008, 06:56 PM

Well said Chris. Totally agree.
Steyr LG110 - Leup Comp
Steyr LG100 - Leup Comp