Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 27th April 2013, 04:03 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default right handed jacket

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Gotta laugh advice re. A shooting jacket from a left hand shooter using a right hand jacket
My first jacket was a second hand r/h jacket bought cheap to try,nothing wrong with it except rubber pads were no use for stander's,i shoot left handed.
I have to say i have seen a small improvment in my disapline's,but for me the biggest plus was the extra stability on sitter's.
This was instantly noticable and made a massive improvment in my shot delivery,after using for about six month's i bought a new german jacket l/h.
The main thing is to try before you buy,if you get a creedmore made to measure fine,but if you buy of the shelf same size in differant jacket's will fit differant.
I asked people with jacket's if i could try thiers on until i found the right size and make.
As for are they worth the money,depend's how you look at it,but i would say mine is worth every penny i spent,and better value than some stripper's
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:26 AM
Member of: harriers field target
Default jackets

im no top shooter, but i have recently bought a shooting jacket and i do belive it is an improvement. got to thank that as i paid about 140. to my perception i feel i am steadier on aim and due to the precise fit help in the positional shots, but dont ask how many standers i got at gp1 thank you very much. lets just say i need to practice very hard, for a long time. bought mine from the birmingham armory as i needed the knowledge on fit. given my limmited knowledge on it i would have bought a jacket 1 size too large for me. if you go down that route, try one and get some input from knowledgable staff or you will spend much money for no good reason.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:21 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by jj1 View Post
Hi All,
I'm interested in getting a shooting jacket for FT. But I just wanted to get some feedback from shooters who use them.
Do they help?
Are they worth it?
Personally i think they help, especially if new to the sport or perhaps just not very good at disaplines.

Unfortunatley, there has not been a Cow the same shape as me so I have vever really had one that fits100% but my current one was closer than others.
Top service from Intershoot.
I went from say 1, maybe 2 standers on a good day (ex 4) to 3 or 4. so yes, it made a difference on standers.
It also helps on kneelers.
I also used it done up at Gp1 due to the uncomftable shooting position in the field, it helped a bit there too. I usually shoot with it open for sitters though.
I know slimmer shooters who have used it done up in the sitting position and again reported to be far more stable

Of those "top shooters" not usuing them, I think its a case of adapting to their more padded jackets? I suspect many of the top shooters could drop the Gimp coat and switch to padded and eventually shoot just as well. On the days I have forgot my jacket at club, it has not taken me long to adapt and nearly do as well.

If your going to gp5 Bisley, its an idea to pop into Lord Fauntleroy centre and have a look. Take the credit card but some good jackets inthere for around 120?

Send Pm to Tool about matching Gimp shorts & masks
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:45 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Made

You can get em made to measure from the states chubby chop's ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "
Old 8th May 2013, 09:47 AM

Hi mate

if you can get across to NRSA Aldesley, they have a selection of second hand ones there. They can also get you in touch with Pippa Taylor who adjusts all of the jackets to fit exactly - if they do not fit, they are not doing their job properly. She does they jackets for the GB squad and knows how to set it up for the different positions