Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 25th March 2013, 02:40 PM
Member of: redfern
Default Hayyy

Am not last,wow that makes a change forgot to say thanks Alan,we were both crap but had a good time.
Old 25th March 2013, 03:06 PM
Love to Bracket
Member of: GuiseleyFTC

Cheer's for the scores, wow they do reflect on the weather conditions yesterday, but enjoyed it all the same for my first Springer comp.
Old 25th March 2013, 03:07 PM
Member of: Kibworth & Castle

Thanks to everybody at Anston and all involved for putting on an excellent competition. The course was IMHO spot on and struck a good compromise that HFTers could shoot not disadvantaged against FT so well done to the course setters brilliant job. Well done to all the winners, mastering that tricky wind was no mean feat, roll on the next one I might have a clue which way to shoot by then.

Steve W
Old 25th March 2013, 04:11 PM
Default Good day out

Had a great day ,first time I have been, met a great bunch of guys made me feel welcome.

A big thanks to Dean Burfoot for putting up with me cheers.

Afraid my user name [Good shot boy ] was little used yesterday if at all.

I also blame the wind.

Lots of money raised for a good cause well done.

Old 25th March 2013, 05:37 PM
Steyr Convert
Member of: Emley Moor FTC

Well I didnt come last so I was happy enough shooting my first springer comp, it will not be my last either. suddenly I have a renewed interest in my springers again!

I loved the course and it was spot on for HFT style, although pretty tough, but hey! thats the idea.
I did not do well with the mini kills, but thats because I hadnt done my homework

Brilliant day and brilliant crowd.

Strangely the 45 to 55 yarders were ok, well they would have been on a less windy day.
Thanks to Anston and everyone involved.

Last edited by DEAN C.; 25th March 2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 26th March 2013, 07:01 AM

Having made the comment yesterday about my 77 going up @ zero temps ... I can't really say that did for me. The misses that I could pick out I was happy with vertically but missed sideways. The biggest variable was the sideways with the wind. It was variable in speed and changed direction as it swirled through the trees and undulations so difficult to pick an aimpoint and stick to it. I also got my busy head syndrome once I started missing and then I forgot basic things and started thinking far too much.

Wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else though last Sunday. A similar course next year will be just dandy.

Ah well ... do it all again now this weekend at Kelmarsh.

( PS ... I know it makes for low looking scores ... but as a HFT shooter I also actually liked the scoring of 1 or 0. I've never thought you should get a point for hitting a faceplate the size of a shoebox ... but I understand it's to give starters in HFT some points on the card. The 1/0 system also means that if you have a shocker and catch a branch or something on the way through that you haven't noticed you only lose 1 point and not 2 ... but that's an whole new topic ).
Old 26th March 2013, 09:33 AM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

I actually put 90% of my settings in on the plinking range in the morning before the shoot, I think this helped as some of them were quite a few clicks out. All the targets I missed were for wind....apart from one long stander which was a wobbler on my part. Managed to get all the other disciplines. Fortunately I can see the misses with my set up which is an advantage. Looking forward to next year, hopefully a few more will enter and raise the funds to over 1K for a very worthy cause.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.