Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 18th February 2013, 02:53 PM
walthers last the course
Member of: oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
Default indoor range

indoor ranges large enough for what we do are very rare ,i ave access to some barns etc ,although i tend to use my own range that has a shelter ,i have look into trying to get access to a old factory but the cost and hassle is just not worth it .i am looking into putting a poly tunel or something like that down my range
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zero range.jpg (414.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 18th February 2013, 05:24 PM

We tried the polytunnel route; it's a nightmare.

It would only be approved if we grew crops inside it and attempted to sell them at the gate.

We even offered to grow crops and "give" them to our landlord in exchange for rent and the planners decreed that was not a commercial operation.

So if you want to grow lettuces and shoot between the rows while they are coming up, then offer them for sale at the gate, you might get consent. If you price them all at 10 each and don't sell any, that doesn't matter; you are a commercial operation, just one that has no real idea of market pricing.