Shooting the breeze Air Arms, World Class Air Rifles sponsors the British Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 25th July 2013, 08:35 AM
Member of: Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)

I like it, just don't know if I would swap one of my steyr's though.

A few of you seem to have a bit of a negative view on the stock, but I am not sure what else they could have done.
I don't think there is any new ground breaking stock designs out there, so why not just tweek the one you have that pretty much worked for most people.

Old 25th July 2013, 10:15 AM
Member of: Heckington Field Target

Was on the Stand next to Air Arms all week end at the CLA.
Was there for the unveiling of the FTP900 and can honestly say on first look didn't like it.......
Then after 3 days of re examining, handling and test firing I'm at the point where I'm thinking of trading in my HW collection or saving my pennies to add it to the collection.
Stunning peice of engineering and stock work.
HW100S/T .177 Dual Stocks depends what mood I'm in
HW 97KT .177
HW35 KLS Blue Laminate .22
HW Junky
Old 25th July 2013, 04:42 PM
Member of: Iceni

Originally Posted by airborn68 View Post

I don't think there is any new ground breaking stock designs out there,

Maybe they,AA, could have made an Ali stock or part Ali ones like the Steyr's or the Walther LG300 Alutec's. This could have been another part made in house whereas the stocks and barrels are outsourced. Alright pistol grip andcheek piece plus hamster in wood.

Just a thought.

Or would people have then said that the FTP 900 was just a copy of the aforementioned rifles ???

Agreed that the stock issue could be tricky but my opinion is that there was so much hype about the release of this gun and then the 'delays' etc. then when it did happen it was heralded as the EV 'REPLACEMENT' and has taken 3 years to develop.

Judging by some of the comments I've seen the long delay just made some people more negative towards it and the similarity in stock design didn't help matters.
The trouble is that according to the reports all or most of the improvements have been internal maybe they should have had a cutaway one on display showing all these improvements with someone pointing them out.