Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 16th January 2013, 06:35 PM
Pellet testing...yawn
Member of: CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association
Default Take-down TX200?

My shooting buddy drives a Mini (my car is crap so we take his). I have dreams of flying to regional matches... So for Christmas I wished for and received a 36" Plano AW case. It's very nice. But to use it I will need to take my TX200 down to fit.

I can just use the factory screws and Allen wrenches but I've seen the work that guys have had done by Knobman on the PCPs and wanted to get your thoughts on applicability for a TX.

I was thinking of a take down knob for the main stock screw (M6) and 2 knobs for the front stock bracket (M5). The knobs on the sides of the gun could look a little silly but I think if they all matched it would work alright and spare me forgetting Allen wrenches etc. I would probably forgo the rear trigger guard screw altogether.

The knobs shouldn't interfere with any shooting positions since the stock is a Maccari (similar to CS1000) and will have a hamster. I plan to make the cheekpiece adjustable as well as the hamster and I thought a full complement of fixing knobs that didn't require tools might be nice.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Or am I nuts and I should sell the 36" and get a larger case.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread