Shooting the breeze Christchurch Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 14th August 2009, 09:57 AM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Yes we did have a red course with red faceplates at the Worlds last year. It meant that it would be difficult to shoot the wrong target/wrong lane, as all three courses were running at the same time. It was also a bright colour so showed up well in the dark forest. We also had a white course with white faceplates and indeed a yellow course with yellow faceplates. You also had a scorecard the same colour of the course you had to shoot. We were gonna do a black course but the woods were too dark.
We did have reservations about those with visual difficulties but never received one complaint about the colours, although mind you red, is a pain to rangefind accurately at times
Old 14th August 2009, 11:17 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

i never use the plate anyway... they can be sky blue pink for all i care.

i hope they're not hoping a tough course will slow the top shooters down... if anything, it will stretch their advantage earlier!
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 14th August 2009, 12:20 PM

From a personal point of view I quite like the idea of the different colours for each discipline. Would make it even more of a laugh if it was shot wrongly. I mean there is usually a sign that says kneeling or standing and some get ribbing for missing those..
Old 15th August 2009, 10:01 AM

Double checked with my contact on the SA forum & yes, that is the colour scheme they're going with.
"The Past is a Foreign Country, they do things differently there".