Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 6th October 2012, 08:19 PM
Post MPR on test.

Recently bought a 2nd hand MPR on this site. Fitted ATP61 Mounts and a big Nikko, MK1. Have been adjusting and setting up for a few days and tested at a range of 10 yds to set the scope in a centralised position. Took the MPR out into the field today to test at 55yds. It took me a little while to get there ,but eventually i was hitting the target by mount adjustment only. There was a little cross breeze which was a shame but i thought ," 5 more shots," then call it a day. I was shooting by resting the rifle on my hand which rested on the arm of an old plastic garden chair,which was sinking in the muddy and wet field. I am or was a springer shooter ,but the results today made me realise how accurate a pcp can be. The last 5 shots measured c to c,vertically 10mm and horizontally 15mm, in a slight crosswind. I have always preferred a springer due to recoil and thought the pcp dull and lifeless. But now i realise the attraction, the possibility of extremely tight groups not possible [for me that is] with a springer at longer ranges. Its taken a few years but im definitely a convert. By the way the MPR is a cracking rifle.Have to set the rest of the distances and put in more practise and then i will join a club and enter an FT competition. I think Newbury is the closest, shame there is no website.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 7th October 2012, 06:06 PM
Member of: Leics & District (Dowry Hill)
Default Mpr

I must agree they are superb accurate air rifles. i have a couple that are set up for different competitions.

One was very accurate out to 50m, but the other that has a Ben Taylor reg fitted was a bit pellet fussy, so i replaced its barrel with a new EV2 Mk4 nickel plated barrel.

It was a simple job, taking just a couple of minutes and this rifle is now a match for the EV2's in the club

Even the unregg'd MPR is good for 70 shots at +/- 6 ft/sec.
Excellent value PCP's