Shooting the breeze Central Southern Field Target Association  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 1st October 2012, 07:32 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post

As a compramise, perhas there should be only a first place prize for the Vet, lady + junior, and other prizes spread futher down the "open" class??
No, i don't agree with that Simon. As it stands there is usually 1st to 3rd in those classes, and almost never any prizes, as any prizes usually go into open class, and down to 10th for the placings. Adding more placings to open class just seems like a smack in the face to the other classes in my opinion if they are to lose places.
At any open shoot held in this country the bulk of the placings and prizes are given over to open class.. i have no problem with that whatsoever, it's only right and fair as that holds the bulk of the shooters.
What i don't like is suggestions that the other classes give over their recognition to add to the open class.
Come on guy's play the game fair... let the Junior's and springer shooters shoot on equal terms and at least be recognised for doing so. Those ladies who want to be on a level footing with the men can elect to shoot in open class as can the vet's, but leave the classes there for those who don't want to.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion
Old 1st October 2012, 08:50 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

[QUOTE=Jamesy;103148]No, i don't agree with that Simon. QUOTE]

I am not sure I do either Ninja

Just thinking out loud and trying to look at it from ( i think) Ian's view plus some others?

Now in AA, if I come 8th place i get nothing.
By nothing, I am not looking for pressies, but a trophy, thats whats important to me, more on that later though.
Some days it dont seem right that someone is getting a trophy for hitting half what i have on that day. I really like the Bfta trophy and will be doing all i can to get a stander next year?

However, When back home sat in front of these pc's, I look at my bfta C, B and A grade tophies and think back to how good it felt recieving those.
At the time i did not realise i was not actually as good as i thaught.
These days I know i am not
Otherwise i would have got more than one AA trophy this year.
Reailistically to me what matters now is getting top 3 in AA, and thus a trophy, at least once a year.
Easily said, very hard to do as standards seem to go higher each year and more and more shooters can now win a major shoot.

Back to the Worlds. Personally my 3rd place trophy is my prize posession. I may never better it, but I will try.
have to admit that if i had come 6th (for example) and been given a trophy i probably would not look on it as such an achievment.
so is the problems not trophies, but prizes / cash?
In which case as i have said, if there is something for me should i ever win it so be. i have said what i would do with it.
If not then not problem, as long as i have a trophy and the memories.

Perhaps we should spend the prize money on more trophies?

and of course as long as I have beaten Fisher - again
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85