Shooting the breeze Rivers West, Sponsors of UKAHFT  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2012, 08:17 AM
greyskullnz greyskullnz is offline
Account Deleted
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wanganui NZ
Posts: 268

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
Can you find out what "clean" entales.

ie, I take it the odd speeding fine dont count.
If speeding were an over riding factor I wouldn't have got my Lic. I think its the Offences rather than infringements that flag a potential to offend generally.

Convictions for GBH, fraud, assault with a weapon, threatening to kill etc etc......might see someone sitting NZ out.

Half a dozen or thereabouts speeding tickets over a lifetime of good character won't cause you grief.

If you can get a visa to visit here, you should be able to get a Visitor Lic for a PCP Air Rifle, especially if it is for an organised competition......which you will have a formal invititation to attend.

Back on Subject:

France. More the merrier I say. The only way FT is going to move to a more standardised format glabally is if ALL the participating Nations are involved and invested in it development. Isolate any part of the World that wants to play and you will get a breakaway form of FT that will just be in competition for shooters that would otherwise strengthen the sport glabally. All that is required is time and persistence to see FT head to where we all want it to be.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 08:53 AM
DaveyNZ's Avatar
DaveyNZ DaveyNZ is offline
It's spreadsheet time!
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NZ
Posts: 53

Thought you didn't need a visa to visit NZ if you were commonwealth? Am I wrong?

List of visa-free countries:

I make that 25/26 of the 30/31 WFTF countries won't require visas, unless you've been to prison or been deported.
"Astrid" - Steyr LG110FT / Falcon T35S
"The Bangstick" - Falcon FN19 .25 FAC / BSA 8-32
Too many tinker projects, not enough working rifles.

Last edited by DaveyNZ; 2nd September 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:01 PM
flyfisher's Avatar
flyfisher flyfisher is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
Posts: 61

I am a French FT shooter and creator of the first French forum entirely dedicated to FT and HFT.


I would like to give you some answers to your questions.

We are a group of friends who had decided they’re 3 years ago to introduce the target field in France.

So we created an association for the promotion of this sport: AFFT.
We decided that the French ft/hft shooting rules should be completely identical to English rules and this is still the case today.
We therefore use weapons of 16 joules in both FT and HFT.

The problem is that the French power limit for holding freely a weapon is 10j, for more power than 10j ,you must have a shooting or hunting licence .

It is not an institution of the French government that issues shooting licenses but to the French shooting Federation as known as FFTir which is completely autonomous. (like fifa or )

To obtain this license for one year, you must join the FFTir.
Unfortunately, the target field is not an Olympic sport neither ISSF they're not recognized by the FFTir.

The solution for us:
Join the FFTir for another shooting discipline and so have license to buy a rifle .

Or have a hunting license.

For foreigners
they must have an EFP
Or have a hunting license and be invited by one of French hunting associations

Either be invited by the FFTir for an official competition (which is not possible for the FT because this discipline is not recognized in France by the famous FFTir).

No local or governmental waiver can be issued until the FFTir does not recognize this discipline, it is mandatory to have an EFP or to use a gun of less than 10 joules.

The law is being changed but nobody ( political ) defends our project

so ......

Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 09:45 AM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,171

Originally Posted by greyskullnz View Post
Realise that this thread is about France.........

The difference in NZ is that it is the person, not the rifle that is the issue, and the person is Licensed. Visitors obtain a visitors license, and can bring whatever they like with them.....barring fully auto military weapons.

The up side for us is that our own Lic regimen now allows us to travel to other Countries and obtain relevant paperwork much easier. We could travel through and to France ourselves under our system.

It is only the UK that could not attend due to your own laws and regulations. Majority of the other members would be in a similar position to us, in that they could travel to France, Germany and other places with power limits requiring permits or licenses once paper work is done. EFP or non European documents, its still possible, but just not for UK shooters.

Its a UK problem, not a "rest oif the world" problem.

Hosting is still a voluntary requirement I believe not mandatory. If The problem still exists when France has its turn, lets hope they can win an exemption for the event, or defer to the next on the list, which I am sure would be a shame and disappointment for them. There would be a few years between now and then, hopefully some alignment between your two legal systems in this regard could be negotiated if heads can get together.........and pressure applied.
Spain also cannot get an EFP. There are other countries also within Europe as well. It's not just a UK problem. If you want I can raise it on the WFTF and we can see exactly who has a problem with EFP's.

We cannot get the French authorities to budge any more than we can get ours to. There is simply not the numbers to consider the problem worthy of discussion. Our only hope is either putting our competition guns on FAC which rules them useless for GB, or buying somewhere in france, and getting a license and thus EFP.

It's my personal opinion that in the case of negligence, someone must be responsible. You can't do (well you can, but i don't think it's fair) waivers unless people are forwarned (like they weren't in SA). Even then I think waivers are a cop out. If you come to a BFTA shoot in GB and through the fault of the organisation there is negligence proven which resulted in an injury, the insurance steps in and pays out. Negligence has to be proven, outside of that though, your stuck. And i suspect it would be problematic if it was a competitor's negligence, but then I would be covered by my NSRA membership public liability. That's all the expectation is, that shooters and the organisation has the public liability cover in place should something happen (again). states that they can organise licenses for visitors, and they also state public liability insurance. Perhaps have a word to see how they've managed it.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Ownership & Shooting in France AlanPearce Tips, tricks and tutorials 5 10th October 2014 04:51 PM
WFTF some info Conor Hunter / Field Target 17 7th February 2011 07:20 AM
Hi from France Marc of france Introductions 6 21st December 2010 11:57 PM
Hello from France NOUNOURS Introductions 4 11th November 2010 07:53 PM
Hello from France flyfisher Introductions 4 26th September 2010 12:36 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Skin design and concept by Attitude