Shooting the breeze Greyhound Gun Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 18th May 2012, 08:30 PM
Member of: Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
Default RIP Pete M - STB Member Bereavement

I am posting about member Pete M (Peter Mountford) it is with very sad regret to let you know he passed away last week. His funeral is this Monday at Nuneaton Crem 12.45pm.

Pete was a good friend and customer of Solware a valued member of The Umarex Boys Club, The Greyhound Gun Club also was a moderator on Daystate Owners Forum well respected airgunner. We wish his family well our thoughts are with them.

I know people think that gunshops are just there to take your money which in a sense is true we are a business. But,hand on heart I will say we have uptmost respect for all customers. Peter wasnt a customer he was a friend sometimes you can a customer but they become a friend you see every week or every few days. We have friends who just pop in for a chat cup of coffee general see whats going on whats happening. Also for the latest gossip. I have alot of friends from my time at Solware. Pete was definately one of them.

Any donationswill be glady received I will update Shooting The Breeze and I will transfer into my bank account and give to Petes wife.Have posted on other forums where Pete was active.

I am truly gutted one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Thank You
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

The real Peaky Blinder
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 18th May 2012, 08:42 PM
Member of: Harriers

Very sad news.

RIP Pete
Old 18th May 2012, 09:05 PM
Member of: SDFTC

........RIP Pete
One day LOL
Old 18th May 2012, 09:07 PM
Just wants to shoot...
Member of: Emley FTC

I didn't know the chap but the words you have written about him are an excellent memorial to him here on STB
life's too short to give a
Old 19th May 2012, 03:39 AM
Default RIP Pete M

I only met him once at his home when i purchased an item from him,he made me very welcome and we talked about his was as though i had known him longer in such a short space of time,such a nice guy.
There is a saying from my father in law,the lord does not take the bad guys only the good.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:10 AM
Default Pete M

This is sad news.
I never met him in person, but have corisponded with him and he was very helpful. He will be muched miss by many, the work he done on the Daystate site made everyone feel welcome, and he would always go that bit extra.
RIP Pete.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:33 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I never met Pete but it's sad to hear of his passing, especially as he was so widely respected and held in such high esteem across a wide spectrum of the shooting community. Condolences to his family and friends.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Old 19th May 2012, 07:39 AM
Member of: Furnace mill & day member at others

RIP Pete

i was gutted when i got the news in the morning he passed even if it was on the cards has pete had cancer & he told us time was not on his side but it still was bad news to hear all the same, as i am a member & now a admin on the DOC forum i got to know pete lad over the last 2 years or so.

& he was a old school all round good bloke who helped folks & who like a good laugh or 2 ! so he will be missed, however i do some of the fundraising for the DOC & we are going to a raffle soon & the money will go to petes local hospice & we are now doing a donote to cancer cause on the forum too ( we got over £500 last time so we would like to beat it this time ).

i hope i am allowed to say all that on this forum, sorry but i classed pete has a good friend & i miss our meet ups & great banter that we had.

My rifles are =
PCP: Steyr lg110 hft 2014, HW100 SK ( back up & rainy day rifle )
Springer's: HW77 ( 1980's version ), HW35 KLS.
Old 19th May 2012, 03:31 PM
Default Sad news

R I P Pete, never met him but purchsed from him over the years, kind wishes to his wife and family.