Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 9th April 2012, 02:06 PM
Member of: carisbrooke

My advice is dont get a t50 they are not that good and range finding is not as easy as a big nikko best thing you can do is ask about to see if any one is selling a old mk1 nikko or a mk2 you might get lucky like I did and get a few custom parts with it a well eg side wheel, oversized top turret, sunshade, 50ft adapter. And the best thing about buying from a guy who does ft is that you stand a bit more chance of getting offered a good scope as some of the new big nikkos very on how good they are. That's just my own view as I just sent a t50 back as it was awfull compaired to the nikko mk1 I bought of some one on here with Barry Taylor side wheel, top turret, a sunshade, adjustable mounts, pointers and a bubble level all for 350 and the scope is a belter very good indeed. So maybe put a wanted ad up like I did on here see what you get offered.
Old 9th April 2012, 03:19 PM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA

A 2nd hand Big Nikko would most likely be a good place to start, easy enough to range find well with (even I can do it ). I would look for a Mk1/2 to start with. Will be cheaper than a Mk3, but will do the job at least as well, some say better than the newer version.

If at all possible, try and have a look through/ have a go with a prospective purchase as 2 scopes of the same type can vary greatly.