Shooting the breeze BASC Sponsor the BFTA  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 16th March 2012, 08:06 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Question WFTF European Spring Gun Championships?

For those countries within Europe, we propose an annual WFTF European Spring Gun Championship, commencing approx. april/may 2013 and thus avoiding intrusion on WFTF World Championship preparations.

We have used the rota system currently in force in the WFTF constitution, ommitting the non-european states.

After consulting a long standing WFTF member, we feel it would be advisable/comfortable to incorporate this event with an existing domestic fixture, as we are somewhat unsure of the attendance.

In the current climate, springers tend to be a small minority - strange really, as this was all there was not so many years ago. However, springers are interesting beasts and demand consistency from the shooter.We feel with the right encouragement we can increase the amount of users and re-ignite interest amongst owners of these rifles. Most countries* have had some springer representation at the world's at some time, and we would like to see these faces again soon.

2013 is a long way off, though we welcome ideas. i.e. a fixed entry fee, standardisation of awards, maximum distance from an international airport, accomodation and range transport share scheme to keep costs to a minmum etc, etc

Many thanks !

BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 17th July 2012, 05:23 PM
Member of: Anston

Has the idea of a Spring Rifle Championship been shelved or is it still live please

Old 17th July 2012, 07:09 PM
Member Scrutineer
Member of: Isfjorden FTK

Originally Posted by plattitude View Post
Has the idea of a Spring Rifle Championship been shelved or is it still live please

We were hardly inundated with responses there Paul. Things are afoot outside of this forum...we'll let you know later m8.
You need two things in life - WD40 & duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it should and it don't, use the WD40.
Old 17th July 2012, 07:58 PM
Member of: Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC

Would anyone be able to enter I would be interested just for experience. I'm sure I can get a good team of guys to enter.
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

The real Peaky Blinder
Old 19th July 2012, 10:25 AM
Member of: Anston FTC

Sounds like a great idea this. There seems to be a bit of an upsurge in interest on springers at the moment.

I would like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong....