Shooting the breeze Millride Field Target Club  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Old 16th January 2012, 10:26 AM
Default Thinking of changing my HFT scope

I'm looking at my current HFT kit and thinking I'd like to try a new scope. I'm using a Burris 4-12x32 at the minute on about 7x mag which is good but I feel that it's maybe just not quite right for me. I've tried quite a few of the various 10x42 scopes out there and I'm not really a fan of any of them. My ideal would be a leupold 2.5-8 mkIV but I've just not got enough cash just now, so here is my question is there anything out there I could look at that might be similar or anything else that would be worth looking at.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 16th January 2012, 10:56 AM
Member of: Tayside Airgun Club

Garrick I had a bushnell 2.5 to 16 by 40 that I shot on 8 mag that was very good but had a very long eye relief.

Def worth a look through though, for the money it was good.

PS Buy a Leup!!
Steve CochraneWalther LG300, Leupold MK4
Old 16th January 2012, 11:31 AM
Getting dusty

If your ideal would be a mk4, have you looked at VX3's about the same size Garrick? You'd have the advantage of covers over the turrets, although I'm not sure what ret options are available.