Shooting the breeze FT Review  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > General Airgun Chat

General Airgun Chat Chat and banter that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old 18th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Stoopit forriner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftysue View Post
Gilly thank you for your kind reply , I do think the new stock has made a differance, but the Euro's was it's second outing, so if the euros count as two scores, thats only two out of my rolling twenty, as its first outing was castle the week before. I am just a bit confused by it all, its like' I am dammed if I do and dammed if I dont'. As some people are telling me to shoot the grade I am allocated to be in and others are telling me to shoot in B as that is a true reflection of my grade? but to me if I have shot the gp's and handed all my cards in which I have, isnt my grade that I am in the correct one, I was gutted to not get into B.
First of all, it IS your call. So I'd say, stick to what you are comfortable with.

Second, does it really matter?
What I mean is this: when you come back from a long hiatus, your main opponent is you. I know this because I am returning from a 10 year hiatus myself -- and when I quit, I was fairly good. Good enough to win many contests, good enough to be a national champion, good enough to clear courses that I hadn't laid out myself. and, on a particularly good day, good enough to force a former three-times World Champion into a shootout.

I can belittle myself all I want, and I will, because today I shoot like crap, but I was better then than I am now. So today, I am my main opponent. On the course, I know that yes, I would have got that target 12 years ago.

But guess what? It's still fun! isn't it?

Lastly, what does "powered by Panerai" mean? And yes, I know that Panerai is a fairly expensive and purely mechanical watch brand... which amazes me because, let's just put it like I think it, women usually don't care about watch mechanics.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100

Last edited by peterh; 18th September 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 18th September 2013, 04:46 PM
A sip of tea in the ocean

Member of: Greyhound
Talking time the most precious

Lastly, what does "powered by Panerai" mean? And yes, I know that Panerai is a fairly expensive and purely mechanical watch brand... which amazes me because, let's just put it like I think it, women usually don't care about watch mechanics.

sorry to say this woman does since i was a child, and after a Pulomery embolism , very bad car accident and other things i will not mention I would rather watch time fleet by on a panerai than on anything else, I cannot drink or smoke and its a pleasure i enjoy, is to watch the mechanics of my panerai, infact i enjoy all mechanics after i built a steam engine with my dad that would pull about 8 adults, cars and watches i have been into since i was in my teens but only have the one, but look and read about loads and buy and sell the odd one
Old 18th September 2013, 05:09 PM
Stoopit forriner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftysue View Post
sorry to say this woman does
No reason to say sorry. But I guess you're not really sorry.
I like to watch cogs turn just as well. I can't afford a Panerai, but I have an Omega that my grandad, who was a watchmaker, gave to me, saying "this is the best watch that money will ever buy you" 47 years ago. I have a couple of English mechanical watches too -- I'm not too fond of things that run on batteries if it can be avoided (which includes rifles).

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I hope you enjoy shooting as much as I do. It would make your head explode umphteen times over with joy if you do. My head is in smithereens every time I hear the sound of a Knockover fall between the trees.

May the Force be with you.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100