Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range/  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Scene > News and Results

News and Results The latest shooting news...

Old 22nd January 2009, 09:39 PM
My Empire of Dirt

Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default CSFTA FT Winter League Rd 4 Buccaneers @ Bisley

CSFTA FT Winter League Rd 4 The Buccaneers' @ Bisley

The Buccaneers' leg at Bisley proved very tricky today (for me at least), not the normal subtle pixie drift that steals a point here and there, more of a brazen ogre that either kicked a pellet clean across the kill at 30yds, or let it sail by unhindered right out to 55.

Banter abounded about the elements, but there was also plenty of chatter of teeth due to the near zero degrees and occasional snow flurries.

But Rich Chasemore (Christchurch) had a firm grasp on the course, dropping just 4, which Tim Goodall (North Oxon) matched to give him his second top score of the season. Tim also left his rivals behind in the Gary Wells trophy, creating a 5 target lead, which will be difficult to bridge given his current form... (there, that's jinxed him ) Another notable performance came from Steve Lanyman who once again was ahead of most of the field, armed with just a 10x scope and guesswork.

Bisley lead the team league, but North Oxon are sure to try and narrow the 3 point lead. Wendover and Christchurch look to battle it out for 3rd place.

Wendover ARC are our hosts for next weekend.

Directions are on the csfta website as are the scores...
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 31st January 2009, 07:09 PM
My Empire of Dirt

Looks like it will be cold, but sunny
Old 31st January 2009, 09:10 PM
Self appointed antipimp

Member of: Bisley

What no snow,but its Bisley there wil be a wind.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:33 PM

I think that a lot of shooters will be more confused than normal as the stronger wind and cold weather plays havoc.

I intend to take a flask of hot water to make a cuppa halfway round just to warm me up and my trigger finger.

See you all there tomorrow then.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:42 PM
My Empire of Dirt

It's Bisley. It's confusing when there is no wind and confounding when there is...

I expect there will be many falling out of the kill tomorrow. The walther will be sitting outside for a good while before I take it on the zero range.
Old 1st February 2009, 05:03 PM

I would like to thank the Buccaneers for a great shoot at Bisley today. Made it interesting to have a few different lanes in use.

Wind - yes there was and it changed from zero to a few kills in the same lane at times.
Cold, according to some , a few snow showers and a few spells of sunshine made for a nice Wnter League shoot.

Note:-

Results up on the CSFTA website.
Old 1st February 2009, 07:04 PM
Self appointed antipimp

Member of: Bisley
Default Bad wind

Yep there was wind,talk about shooting in a Breeze,boy was i confused today
Old 1st February 2009, 10:03 PM

Talking thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
CSFTA FT Winter League Rd 4 The Buccaneers' @ Bisley

The Buccaneers' leg at Bisley proved very tricky today (for me at least), not the normal subtle pixie drift that steals a point here and there, more of a brazen ogre that either kicked a pellet clean across the kill at 30yds, or let it sail by unhindered right out to 55.

Banter abounded about the elements, but there was also plenty of chatter of teeth due to the near zero degrees and occasional snow flurries.

But Rich Chasemore (Christchurch) had a firm grasp on the course, dropping just 4, which Tim Goodall (North Oxon) matched to give him his second top score of the season. Tim also left his rivals behind in the Gary Wells trophy, creating a 5 target lead, which will be difficult to bridge given his current form... (there, that's jinxed him ) Another notable performance came from Steve Lanyman who once again was ahead of most of the field, armed with just a 10x scope and guesswork.

Bisley lead the team league, but North Oxon are sure to try and narrow the 3 point lead. Wendover and Christchurch look to battle it out for 3rd place.

Wendover ARC are our hosts for next weekend.

Directions are on the csfta website as are the scores...
thanks to buccaneers for the shoot today at bisley.Well Done to Tim and Rich for top score.
See you at Wendover in the wind
Steve
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:53 AM

We from the Island thought it was going to be bad when the car decided not to start when getting on the ferry.

However after a jump start from one of the staff in Southampton and a consistant drive to Bisley we felt happier. I decided o book in and walk the firing line in a T-Shirt, much to the disgust f quite a few there wrapped up in numerous jackets. Personally I do not really feel the cold unless its really bad, have walked down a Montreal street in March with 3ft of snow with my jacket off as too hot.

As a team we are consistantly last as a team but who really cares. With a team of 4 this Sunday we hoped to have a reasonable result. I finished on a 32 (miss 3 silly targets a 15yd full kill and the closest on each positional) with the rest of the team all on 15 . With Melv and grandson Cameron going having a little tussle between themselves with first one then the other getting ahead. Not bad for Cameron as its the fist time he has done a FT shoot for 5 years.

I think most of us found the wind to be very changable even on the same lane.

Roll on next week when we will start to see who might be in the running for the Inter Region team with only 1 round left after it.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:19 PM
My Empire of Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
thanks to buccaneers for the shoot today at bisley.Well Done to Tim and Rich for top score.
See you at Wendover in the wind
Steve
Looking forward to shooting a new ground...