Shooting the breeze Doncaster Airgun Range  
Go Back   Shooting the breeze > The Chat > Hunter / Field Target

Hunter / Field Target Anything metal target related...

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2017, 09:00 PM
Team Gilly

Member of: Castle FTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
I didn't vote - I'm not a regional rep.

The process is - the BFTA Secretary issues an Agenda with proposals to be voted on, they are voted on and the minutes are sent out to the regional reps.

How would you know? - well, your regional rep should make you aware.

No, the rules are the rules that are agreed by the members of the BFTA, the removal of a link ( which was available in earlier in March ) does not mean the rules no longer exist. That would require a vote by the regional reps, which has not happened.

Do you think that if legislation.gov.uk went down for an afternoon that it would be ok to go out on a murdering spree because there are no laws anymore? Of course not.

It isn't BS that you should know the rules - this isn't a new rule, it's been there for years. In fact the Missing Appendix link was printed/laminated and placed on every kneeling lane at every BFTA event for 2 years. How the hell can anyone miss those rules? - they've been right in front of everyone for 2 years on every kneeling lane.
They don't miss the rules they just ignore them,and the buddy marshals should be warning them before they take the shot,and also why did the photographer taking the pictures not say anything to the shooters?
Old 18th April 2017, 09:41 PM
Allowed in Sales

Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
They don't miss the rules they just ignore them,and the buddy marshals should be warning them before they take the shot,and also why did the photographer taking the pictures not say anything to the shooters?
All good questions....
Old 18th April 2017, 09:43 PM
My Empire of Dirt

Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

There's an off topic debate about who is deemed to be allowed to marshal. For instance if someone's dad was watching, would they be allowed to point out a fault? (a non safety issue)

I personally think only those actively involved in that session of the shoot should be involved.

What is really required is for seasoned shooters to know the rules, and demonstrate them in effect. We're all by no means perfect but there are those that should know better.
Old 18th April 2017, 09:56 PM

Member of: Bideford, Shebbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Can't ever remember you asking me about a flattened foot Rob, I use it myself occasionally & laces down with a straight foot is not illegal in UKAHFT events, a turned foot however is.
Ah ok Pete, my mistake. I can do it with with the inside of the ankle on the floor to, so maybe that was the only offensive position; not the laces down one.
Old 18th April 2017, 10:42 PM

Member of: Harriers

The original post is a valid one. It is questionning hamsters being in contact with wrists or clothing.
This has been clearly against the rule for some years.

People have tried to defend the action by citing the lack of reference in the 2017 rules. I'm afraid they're missing the point.
Conor was highlighting "there are no rules in FT". To suggest that shooters read the rules and decided that resting on the forearm was now legal is nonsense.

The 2017 rules were assembled, and modified as required by the AGM, by me, Shaun Shore 21181.

I have done this task for the last 7 years

What has occurred this year?
The rules were modified in line with the kneeling proposal that was passed at the AGM.
In modifying them the Annex A was removed.
Unfortunately, it was not subsequently added.

My mistake and nobody else's

The rules will be correct and available soon.

For all those attending GPs - the rule for kneeling has not changed. Only the use of the roll has been added

Shaun Shore - BFTA Secretary
Old 18th April 2017, 10:45 PM
Allowed in Sales

Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
There's an off topic debate about who is deemed to be allowed to marshal. For instance if someone's dad was watching, would they be allowed to point out a fault? (a non safety issue)

I personally think only those actively involved in that session of the shoot should be involved.

What is really required is for seasoned shooters to know the rules, and demonstrate them in effect. We're all by no means perfect but there are those that should know better.
I can't answer for the BFTA version of the rules - but I can tell you what I advise for WFTF qualified marshals.

A shooter should only ever be warned about a rule infraction by either an official marshal on duty or by one of the buddy marshals on their lane.

So it's not acceptable for someone else from the session or a spectator to approach a shooter - what they should do is approach either a marshal on the course or one of the buddy marshals in your lane. The decision to warn the shooter then comes down to the buddy marshals on your lane.

There's an exception to that - and that's in the case of a serious safety issue where immediate action is required. In that case, it's acceptable for anyone to speak up. That's for the WFTF though
Old 18th April 2017, 10:47 PM
My Empire of Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
I can't answer for the BFTA version of the rules - but I can tell you what I advise for WFTF qualified marshals.

A shooter should only ever be warned about a rule infraction by either an official marshal on duty or by one of the buddy marshals on their lane.

So it's not acceptable for someone else from the session or a spectator to approach a shooter - what they should do is approach either a marshal on the course or one of the buddy marshals in your lane. The decision to warn the shooter then comes down to the buddy marshals on your lane.

There's an exception to that - and that's in the case of a serious safety issue where immediate action is required. In that case, it's acceptable for anyone to speak up. That's for the WFTF though
Seems a sensible place to start. Certainly lifts the onus from the shooters. Although it might create a divide between some and the marshals, I think the majority would recognise marshals are shooters, and without them and the organisation that supports then, there is no sport.
Old 18th April 2017, 10:48 PM
Never has been banned from sales

Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The original post is a valid one. It is questionning hamsters being in contact with wrists or clothing.
This has been clearly against the rule for some years.

People have tried to defend the action by citing the lack of reference in the 2017 rules. I'm afraid they're missing the point.
Conor was highlighting "there are no rules in FT". To suggest that shooters read the rules and decided that resting on the forearm was now legal is nonsense.

The 2017 rules were assembled, and modified as required by the AGM, by me, Shaun Shore 21181.

I have done this task for the last 7 years

What has occurred this year?
The rules were modified in line with the kneeling proposal that was passed at the AGM.
In modifying them the Annex A was removed.
Unfortunately, it was not subsequently added.

My mistake and nobody else's

The rules will be correct and available soon.

For all those attending GPs - the rule for kneeling has not changed. Only the use of the roll has been added

Shaun Shore - BFTA Secretary
And that my dear people clears that one up, it's only just taken 9 pages.
Thank you Shaun
Old 18th April 2017, 11:06 PM
My Empire of Dirt

If you set your settings to 50 replies per page it's barely used 3