View Single Post
Old 25th August 2012, 07:39 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ian Harford View Post
Hey Guys

I would be more than happy to host a World Championships qualification shoot at Highclere Castle, near Newbury on the 2nd May Bank Holiday weekend every year - which is the 24th & 25th May in 2013. We hold a game fair there over the weekend and we moved the Europeans there in 2005 when we hosted the Worlds at Weston Park.

The event was a huge success and I often chat with Calps about putting another event on at the venue. The benefit of holding the event here is that it is a neutral venue and we have access to thousands of acres of beautiful parkland. The competition wouldn't necessarily need to be attached to the event and indeed could use some of the most picturesque areas rarely seen by the public. There's plenty of accommodation close by and good road access.

As it's a bank holiday, we could even hold a three day competition as the do in South Africa and Estonia to prepare for the Worlds. We could do with the practice in holding 3-day competitions ready for when the Worlds comes to the UK in a decade or so!

I'd be prepared to host and support another major Field Target event, particularly if it's going to help decide the outcome of the team selection and gives us an opportunity of attracting a new audience to the sport.

Anyway, it's something to think about...

Nice one Ian, a three day event to prepare for the worlds seems like a good idea too.
There is nothing impossible to those who will try!

ISP Airstream MkIII + Gary Cane Stock + Falcon Menace 16x with FT Reticle