View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:49 PM
Independent FT Pumper
Member of: EFTA England

Originally Posted by IAN TAYLOR View Post
The World Championship is to find the top indvidual shooter all these are add ons ie team,springer,lady and junior.To have the qualifers at the masters / inters is unfair because some people are unable to attend all the winter league and do not make there regional team.The only fair way is to have the Worlds qualifiers at western park the Euros, if we have ten places or twenty we have all the qualifers names nice and early and every one can make arrangements for the next years World Championships.
Been here before Ian, old ground on deaf ears ,when i proposed this idea some months ago i was poo poo'ed as a few people said too me " i can't do Euro's for this that or the other reason ? well i struggle with a full Winter League due to work commitments so it's a case of you will never please very one ?

I think it's the way forward the Euro's , it's 12 months in advance , hard two day shoot, with all the top boys there !
You could register interest on the day pay deposit then base the top eight on a ladder system of qualification, if you drop out next man up, simples.
I fully enjoyed Norway, mainly as it ran like clock work, Andy Kays worked his bollocks off & also Me , Gilly , Calp & Jamesy had a mega time & the best laugh ever especially when the Roy Boliver doll was presented ! .................................................. .................................................. .................

At the presentation on Sunday night there were some new random classification almost down to a trophy for " Veteran Springer who owns a Dart Board".

Yes ! fully back the team side of things always nice to see England at the top & certainly based on Germany's performance over the weekned they chased S/A all the way.

But it's an Open event to determine an individual World Champion surely ?

Think the World's is drifting in the wrong direction IMO but maybe a change at the top will move us forwards not backwards like it has been drifting, and before a get shot down in flames it's great to see a really big mix of nationality's taking part, even Johnny Brazil who did Riverdance on the Haggis Cannon !

Only my thoughts, it will be wrong !

Karl Pilkington is my hero !
Zenith EV2 No1 + Leup Comp x 40
CEO Tool's Tours plc
Twitter @Toolzenith