View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:45 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Exclamation Info for English shooters on Germany 2013

This is a little rumour control...

Germany will be handing out places to the EFTA firstly based upon PCP team requirements and then with the remainder being handed out to Springer Teams etc. That's how Volker portrayed it to me when I spoke to him after the Prize dinner at Norway. He will be requiring deposits.

With an expected 300 places and 30 or so countries in the WFTF that means we could be looking at 10 places, perhaps a little more depending, but we should be thinking that, once again, places will be severely limited.

The expectation is that Germany will have a website for details up by end of September and they hope to have sorted place allocation by January.

I'll be talking to Mick this week to confirm his direction which will be sent to the committee for discussion. I expect this will follow the same lines as last year (Masters/Inters) for qualification for a place, with the addition of a non refundable deposit being required (obviously if you don't qualify it will be refunded, however if you do qualify and then drop out, it won't). However it is a matter for the committee to discuss, so make your views heard. We want to wrap this up by the end of the month to give people enough notice.

We will get as many places as we can.

A little bit of history. We have consistently made suggestions that the WFTF consider the problem of demands on the worlds, and look to be more closely involved with hosts. We were assured months beforehand that there would be no issue of places, but it seems either that the demand on the event was not expected, or that has become subject to the limitations of running the event. I can assure you that despite the EFTA's prime purpose being to select a team, the event is still considered something that should (within reason) be considered open.

So put your thoughts to your rep (after properly considering them), and we'll see what comes out of the woodwork. Given the non ideal situation we want selection to be as fair as possible, and accessible as possible, giving the most amount of notice as possible, but we have to be realistic we may not get a solution that is perfect for everyone.,410.0.html tells you your EFTA rep's name in your region

Attached is the PDF flyer sent to us.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flyer Worlds2013.pdf (1.27 MB, 67 views)
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread