View Single Post
Old 10th August 2012, 10:07 AM
Member of: Emley FT
Default Hi from S.Yorkshire

Just like to say hi to you all, and see if there are a few shooters local to Shafton in S.Yorkshire.

I was a full bore pistol and rifle shooter, until the ban, so I sold up along with quite a few others, I have since retired due to my Rheumatoid Arthirtis, but would like to start shooting again, Shotguns are out too much recoil for my arthritic shoulders lol, so yesterday I had a venture down to Idleback at Rotherham and met a great chap who let me put 2 magazines through his Daystate Mk 4, thoroughly enjoyed it, and put a respectable group in too. Needless to say I am hooked again, so now I have the problem of deciding which rifle combination to go for, obviously the one I do best with is the choice, but I am wanting to try a few first.

Is there anywhere local to me that will let you try say a Steyr LG 110 or a Hammerli 20 as I have noticed most have the Air Arms, Daystates, and other FT guns but not the 2 I mentioned, so any help on where to try these or indeed any thoughts on which rifle is a good place to start, bearing in mind I only want to either shoot FT, HFT and paper.

Many thanks G.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread