View Single Post
Old 7th August 2012, 11:32 AM
Member of: Castle

Originally Posted by rich View Post
If you go round in threes, then at best you spend two thirds of your time waiting for the other two to shoot the lane. Two minutes each and 25 lanes means 150 minutes.

Would it be possible - and I don't mean easy - to have two people shooting on the same lane at the same time, one on one target and one on another? The third person marshals both, then shoots alone. That would save potentially 50 minutes. Yes of course it would need some rethinking about layout at the shooting point. HFT shoot one target per post, I believe.
Like the Idea Rich but it would take longer, what with all the standing up,sitting down wnd moving between targets. When i shot the GP series last year one of the shoots we where on the course for well over 5 hours the main reasons being Lots of long targets in windy conditions(Shooters quite rightly using their 2 mins) having to move for your second target and the actual length of the course about 400 yards between lane 1 and lane 25 and even a lot of distance between lanes generally.Regards