View Single Post
Old 13th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Member of: Greyhound Gun Club
Thumbs up A&M Gunsmiths :D

Hi everyone,

Some of you may or may not have seen an earlier post i made were i stupidly put a dent in my new aluminium cylinder i was fixing the barrel band to the new stock i am making and i had to use a longer bolt for the barrel band, unfortuanatly the bolt was to long and took a small chunk out the cylinder and as this is under a high amount of preasure i didnt want to fill it withought some reasurance, i asked on hear and on the BBS and people were unsure. So i sent A&M an email with the picture of the damage and he phoned me back very quickly, explaining that it wasnt worth the risk as this is under high preasure. Gutted i thought, very expensive mistake to make however i did hold my hands up, nothing was wrong with the cylinder other than what i did to it and Adrian could have just said a new one is another 140 and yet no, he said that these things happen and apreciated my honesty and told me he would supply me with another one once i had sent mine back to him at cost instead of retail and get it out the same day! I never asked for this nor did i expect it but out of good will he said that i could have it at cost, what a fantastic man and company to deal with.

This was my fault and my fault alone and he could have just said nope its scrap and i need another one at full retail but out of the goodness of his heart he will supply me one at a reduced cost. This was fantastic news to me and i can't praise him enough, he was honest from a safty point and was more than willing to help me out and was very intrested in my project he even asked how i was mounting it and when i siad it will be of the barrel band alone he said that if i send him the barrel band he will heli coil it for free aswell so i wont strip the threads! Amazing level of service!

These cylinders are very light and beautifully made more shots to fill than my standard one and comes supplied with a new fill probe, fitting instructions and spare seals fast delivery and a friendly bunch to deal with

If anyone was thinking about one off these just get one, makes the gun feel and balance spot on

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread